[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, September, 2019 (12 prize lots from 12 donors!)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I'm 11

Stevearino and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Send me Lordmarcovan entry post page. I lost it. I think. As much as i know. This might be it

4. Cheech9712

Entry post. Throw me in the mix. I want # 11. I will send to the one who pick that first

Stevearino likes this.
  5. TheCitrusGuy

TheCitrusGuy Member

Entry Post
    8-9-6-10-5-4-1-2-7-3-11-12

It is TRULY amazing the folks that I have met on this site!
    THANK YOU all for the donations and for running this giveaway.

I have gotten lots of help from people and even got some coins on the way to me because of this website. My 1966 World Coins Collection will be epic!

Trish and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. Jason is new

Jason is new Member

ENTRY POST

Seeing coins from everyones collections just makes me so excited to start a nice collection of my own. I know its gonna take a while, but im going to make it a grand one. How did you guys start? WHERE did you start?

7. Jason is new

Jason is new Member

I just bought a metal detector myself. How do you go about where you detect?, i live in a rural area that hasnt seen much history to my knowledge. Theres a church near me with a sign sayin it was established in 1837,. If you can believe it. Guess ill check out there

8. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

Choices 1..8..9..10..2..3..4..11..6..7..12..5

Took a little hiatus now I am back. Glad to see @lordmarcovan contests are still running strong. Hope to see all of ya again out there on the threads.

I know it isn't exactly coin related.

Thanks for another great giveaway and thanks to all of this months donors!! Very generous of you all.

[Edit by lordmarcovan- note to self- @MontCollector gets a pass for lack of coin-related content this time. This entry is valid. Everybody else- please be sure to follow the three rules in the introduction if you want your entry post to be counted!]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2019
    lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

10. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

11. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

If you can get permission, that could be a good site.

12. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Entry post

Zippy Kitty dreaming of all the cat treats she's going to buy with her 50 million mark Notgeld coin.
    IMG_20190805_112722.jpg

spirityoda, Theodosius, Trish and 2 others like this.
  13. TheCitrusGuy

TheCitrusGuy Member

Don't feel bad, I have yet to find a W Quarter either!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  14. RoseWesche

RoseWesche Official "Crazy Cat Lady"

Entry post! Coin related for me today is an upcoming coin show that I will be going to this coming Saturday in Bellmead, TX. This is the first one I will be attending and I was wondering if anyone can offer advice on what to look for while I'm there? I mostly collect modern U.S. coins, BTW. They are also offering free appraisals at the show. Is there usually a limit to the amount of coins I can bring with me? And if a dealer wanted to buy one of my coins, how can I be sure that I am being offered a reasonable price? Prize choices- 8,6,10,4,1,7,2,3,11,9,5,12

lordmarcovan and TheCitrusGuy like this.
  15. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Entry post, My Lord! 2, 1, 7, then 3 through 12 (sans 7).

For your viewing pleasure a pair of shillings 1944 and 1945. I don't know much about this series; they were marked as AU but I am not seeing wear on the bust on either obverse nor any wear on the reverses. The 44 possibly has some luster breaks that might be interpreted as wear... PhotoEditor_20190908_135516467.jpg PhotoEditor_20190908_135430062.jpg PhotoEditor_20190908_135642234.jpg PhotoEditor_20190908_135602302.jpg

16. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Entry post.
    post. prizes!! 6,9,1,4,8,7,12,10,11,2,3,5 I'll post my lucky Indian. My best one I have.
    CM190825-180256008.jpg CM190825-180343009.jpg

Theodosius, alurid, Hookman and 3 others like this.
  17. Entry post

Since I started entering coin giveaways a few months ago, I was starting to get just slightly frustrated after never winning anything. But las might I won an Australian crown in a YouTube giveaway, which is actually something I had been wanting for a while. They didn't say the year, but they only made them in 1937 and 38. The '37 was higher mintage and is less valuable, but either way I'll be happy. I don't know much about the condition, it looked to be about AU grade in the video. Either way, I was happy to finally win something and something I really wanted. Maybe this will be my lucky month and I'll win one of these 12 as well.

Here is my order of preference: 1, 10, 5, 2, 8, 6, 4, 7, 3, 9, 11, 12

Thanks again Lord for hosting this great giveaway and thanks to all the donors for making it all possible. Good luck everyone!

lordmarcovan and TheCitrusGuy like this.
  18. Those both look nice! Good pickups. I see some wear in George's hair, cheeks, and elsewhere in his features. His individual hairlines can't really be made out, instead his hair is flattened (a little less so on the '45), also on the cheeks and the tops of the ear, they have been worn a bit flat. Just lacking a little depth. In my experience that type of wear on those high points usually tends to ding a George VI coin down to AU. The light luster break may also have contributed. Regardless, those are two nice specimens!

lordmarcovan and Razz like this.
  19. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Plus the history to think they were minted in England during the war and survived all this time in relatively excellent condition!

NovembersDoom6 likes this.
  20. If I had the resources I would love to specialize in WWII-era coins. They're not that old, so most are quite affordable. So many special issues and unique coins from the period. There are US-minted Australian and other Pacific nation coins; US, Canadian, German, and other countries' coins with wartime issues that use different materials and designs (US cent and nickels, Canadian nickels, etc); and other countries, like France, with different designs and materials used during their occupation. Several years with some really unique coins that we wouldn't normally see. On top of that the historical aspect is really cool, just thinking about what these countries and their people were going through at the time these were being minted.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Razz likes this.
  21. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

I Ment to put nice prizes ! ! My phone is a bit too large. I have to get used to it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.