[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, June, 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Maybe you should put Prize #3 at the front of your preferences, then, which will give him a lot more options.

Kasia likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

If it weren't for the two pieces of gold, I would've gone for prize #3 as my first choice.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

Entry Post

1-2-3-4-5

amazing give away this month, those fanams are awsome Rob.
    As a Dutchman I would love to win one of those. Would be my first gold coin in my collection. Would love to pay for the shipping to the Netherlands.

My all time favourite: Alexander the Great

P1190553.JPG

Theodosius and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Entry post. Never owned a gold coin either. Would love it! My choices are
    I'll just show my half dime. Good luck to everyone! CM190601-195209019.jpg CM190601-195238020.jpg

6. lordmarcovan

Nice half dime. Looks original and unmolested. I love the mintmark-inside-wreath varieties, for some reason.

Shrews1994 and Paddy54 like this.
  7. lordmarcovan

This is an extra entry post for @Andres2, so if the random number generator lands on 66 (this is Post #66), then he'll win a prize, same as if it lands on his entry post (#63).

This leaves me with two "bonus entries" to give out for the month. The bonus entries allow me to subtly "play favorites" by doubling someone's probabilities, while still keeping the drawings random and fair.

PS- @Andres2 - best of luck! If you win, there is no extra shipping charge to the Netherlands. I cover worldwide shipping. It is against forum rules for giveaway winners to pay even one cent for their winnings, anyway.

8. TurboSnail

TurboSnail New Member

entry post
    I migrated here from pcgs to win my first gold coin.:woot:
    Thanks for the fun contest!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

Oh, good. You saw my giveaway over there, then. Welcome.

TurboSnail likes this.
  10. TurboSnail

TurboSnail New Member

WOOT! You 're a mod! Forget the coins. I would like to win a free "get out of jail" voucher!:playful:

11. lordmarcovan

Yeah, for some reason they gave me a shiny tin badge to wear over here. Go figure. 18 years on CU and I was on the other side of the stick a few times. LOL ;)

Theodosius likes this.
  12. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Offer to double @lordmarcovan 's mod salary and he just might give you that get out of jail free card ;)

TurboSnail likes this.
  13. lordmarcovan

I like the sound of that math!

14. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Entry post

My first gold coin was an 1893 $10 gold that was unc. (Probably ms63 or ms64) that I saved up for and bought when i was 10 or 12 for $210 before gold climbed up to where it is now. I sold it to buy something else probably 2 or 3 years later and always regretted it because it was my first gold coin and a nice one at that. I then found one in almost identical condition from the same year in my great aunt's collection which she had purchased from my great grandfathers collection and I traded some other coins for it. I have attached a picture of it after I had it graded.

My coin content other than the gold coin is that I shall soon be posting my grades from my first submission to NGC. I think I will get them tomorrow or Tuesday. Fingers crossed that I had good results!
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/my-first-submission-to-ngc.336356/
    20160401_155147.jpg 20160401_155153.jpg

Theodosius, Kasia, spirityoda and 2 others like this.
  15. lordmarcovan

This is an extra entry post for @TurboSnail, so if the random number generator lands on 74 (this is Post #74), then @TurboSnail will win a prize, same as if it lands on the original entry post (#67).

This leaves me with one "bonus entry" to give out for the month.

@TurboSnail- to make it legal, so you've got some coin-related content to go with your entry post, show us that big score you made coin roll hunting, which you posted over in my CU giveaway. ;)

16. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Entry Post.
    I won an indian head gold piece at my coin club meeting. (part of our raffle that you buy tickets for.) I still have it to this day. My first gold coin and I am too lazy to get off my can and take a picture of it for you! I think it's a great idea @lordmarcovan to give the gold to someone who has never had one before! Here is my numismatic part of the entry. I found this whole role of wheats while searching a $25 load of customer wrapped rolls from the bank. I was stoked when I opened that roll! IMG_7292.JPG

17. TurboSnail

TurboSnail New Member

ThankS @ lordmarcovan. Anyhow please allow me to officially introduce myself. I mainly collect silver coins from around the world. And if anyone needs help on those odd looking Chinese coins or artifacts, please drop me a PM or post a topic on the world coins section.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Kasia likes this.
  18. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Entry post
    Funny enough, speaking of gold coins, I just put a really fun Spink puzzle in a clock and made this.
    F921943F-5935-4180-BBC9-3BAF65BCF511.jpeg
    Though the iconic Alexander the great stater would be a cool first gold coin. None thus far into the journey.

Tracy62, Kasia and lordmarcovan like this.
  19. Charles Reese

Charles Reese Member

ENTRY POST 3,1,4,2,5

Finally received my final Lincoln Cent Uncirculated. No grade but according to NCG it would be at least MS65. Will put em away for hundred years maybe worth something one day. 2019 w cent obverse.JPG 2019w cent reverse.JPG

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. lordmarcovan

Spoiler alert: @spirityoda will be partnering again in the July giveaway.

Maybe
    a little birdie told me that something like this might be up for grabs in next month's giveaway ... ;)

20190604_190433.jpg 20190604_190522.jpg

21. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

entry post
    Thanks to @lordmarcovan for again hosting a great giveaway!
    First gold coin was a 1/10 oz bullion eagle.
    Order: 3,4,5 no need for 1 & 2 since I have a gold coin.

Saving up for a nice double eagle some day. (don't tell my wife)
    This one would be nice!
    1849obversenew.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.