[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, August, 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

Entry post & thanks for another chance @lordmarcovan. August is a good month :)
    #4-8-10-7-5--3-2...

lordmarcovan likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mark1971

Mark1971 Active Member

Entry Post.
    1-8-9-10-3-7-5-2-4-6-11-12.
    Pre WWII coin from Japan. Checking numista, looks like 1932 1 Sen Showa:
    1 Sen Showa 1932_obv.jpg
    1 Sen Showa 1932_rev.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. MattTheRiley

MattTheRiley New Member

Entry Post

One of my favorite coins!

1887-p62-c2.jpg

Prize choices: 9, 1 (atlantis mint bar), 12, 3

spirityoda and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. Thomas Webb

Thomas Webb New Member

ENTRY POST
    Hey LORDM fancy seeing you here. I actually followed one of your posts from the pcgs bst page. I wanted to post one of my favorite coins for all to enjoy.
    RDT_20190711_000740455300048448827388.jpg
    Thanks for the chance. Prizes #9,8,10,11,12,7

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

My, isn't that Bust quarter a psychedelic monster!

Oh- and welcome to CoinTalk! Thanks for letting me know you came over from CU. I'm not trying to lure the CU membership over here so much as I am encouraging a little cross-pollination, if you know what I mean. I still post over there, but have spent the majority of my time over here since 2016.

*And to be fair to Collectors Universe, I should point out that there is a parallel giveaway over there, in case anybody wants a second shot at something from the Prize #1 Pick Bin list. (Of course you'll need a CU membership to post an entry over there.)

7. Roy Driskill

Roy Driskill New Member

Entry post
    2, 8, or 1 any of them would be incredible addition, though I like the Mt.Rushmore proof 1/2 best

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. Roy Driskill

Roy Driskill New Member

Well I tried to remove 2 of them without any luck, don’t know what happened it wasn’t posting then next thing I know there is 3 of them. So I’m disqualified

9. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Entry Post 10,9,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,11
    Thanks for the giveaway! I am looking for a silver ancient........Cant wait to get one, I have quite a few copper/bronze ancients but the silver is missing. Cant wait, I will let you guys know when I buy one.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Entry post

(Edit: numismatic post and prize choice below.)

11. lordmarcovan

No, you're not disqualified. It's just that your first posts were hung up, waiting for moderator approval. That's a temporary, probationary thing that goes away after ten posts or so. You see, all new member posts must first be approved by a moderator. I guess it's an anti-spam measure.

When I approved them, they all showed up at the same time. So I deleted the duplicates (removed them from public view). It's all good.

You're entered in the giveaway. Welcome to CoinTalk, and good luck!

(Stick around, and the "training wheels" will fall off shortly, after a few more posts.)

12. lordmarcovan

Eric- you'll need to do more than that to be eligible.

There aren't a lot of hoops to jump through. You just need to post some kind of numismatic content (whatever you choose), and pick your prize preferences. Go back and read the introduction, or look at some of the other posts here.

I try to make it easy, and don't ask trivia questions or require much work, but there are a few rules. ;)

eric6794 likes this.
  13. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Ok my choice is #1. When I was a kid a similar coin was given to me I was probably 8-9 years old from a dad of a friend at that age, he gave me a coin I knew nothing about. Skip a year or 2 my grandmother was dying from lung/brain cancer and in my young mind I wanted her to live but had no idea how I could help her live so I gave her a coin, the coin I will post in photo. And here is a for real point. My grandmothers trailer burnt down in a fire a year or so after she died so I assumed the coin was lost "I do not think it's the same coin but" after many years of thinking about the coin a similar one shows up in a local flea market. Most likely not the same one but very similar and it made me very happy to see it even if it might not be the same one. Ok i'll shut up just reminiscing. The coin I had when I was kid did not have the word copy but that was 30 years ago so any of you ancients collectors can tell me what the coin is and if it was possible of owning a real one please let me know. anc1.jpg anc2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  14. lordmarcovan

There ya go. I edited your original post so if your lucky number comes up in the drawing, it will be eligible. There are several ancients to choose from in the Prize #1 list.

I found a fake man-headed bull just like that in a bulk lot once. They must have made a ton of 'em.

PS- the real Gela tetradrachms are pricey, but the smaller ones and the bronze can be had without selling your car or children.

eric6794 likes this.
  15. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Entry post

714B4CEA-C03F-4696-B9DB-A2B26E189165.png

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    3-4-5-8-10 then whatever :)

I went to an auction in March of 2019 and just got around to going through the rolls of lincoln cents that I purchased. They were mostly all wheat cents and I got 5 rolls of "S" minted wheat cents. Crazy nice haul as they were only a hair over face value! Thanks for the give away again everyone!!!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Oooohh I love it! Very cool!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Yes it is. It's my birthday month! Lol

lordmarcovan and Tlberg like this.
  19. Entry Post

1, 7, 8, 2, 10, 3, 6, 5

I recently bought a roll of wheat pennies on ebay from one of those shady sellers just to get content for my youtube channel and found 2 1909 VDB in that same roll!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. lordmarcovan

Both nice for a bulk buy. Particularly the first. That's a nice AU.

21. GladYaBrungMe

GladYaBrungMe New Member

Entry Post.
    7-9-1-8-10-4-6-5-2-3-11-12.

I've been considering that a collection of Indian Head Cents might be interesting.

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.