[CLOSED] LordM & dwhiz giveaway, March 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Congrats to the winners! And huge thanks to @dwhiz and @lordmarcovan!

It’s kind of strange: on the few occasions I’ve bought lottery tickets I have never felt good about someone else winning. But EVERY contest here on CT leaves me feeling great because:

1. The donors don’t HAVE to offer items.
    2. The items are going to people who will appreciate them.
    3. In a cash lottery the winners may not need the cash (yeah, I know, “need” is subjective). But many times here on CT I’ve seen folks post in a giveaway but decline the opportunity to have their name in the hat because they don’t need the item/already have one like it/want new collectors to have the chance to win.

I see a lot of selflessness! Imagine not wanting one’s name in a hat as marvelous as the one @lordmarcovan wears!

Steve

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Contest is closed, Do not respond!

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Imagine how @rp3989 (the original winner) will feel if he ever returns and sees this! But I gave him a month. If he ever does return, I might send him a modest consolation prize.

Imjustkk and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

They can respond, just not enter. ;)

The link to the current giveaway is in my sig line.

With my unexpected promotion and new Mod powers (woo, ain't I got big britches now), I do have the ability to lock these threads and prevent further replies, but I prefer to leave 'em open so that the winners can post after they get their goodies.

(I did put CLOSED in the title line, though, so hopefully we won't have as many people belatedly entering a giveaway years after the fact, as has happened a few times!)

Kentucky and Imjustkk like this.
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

My bumbling intention...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.