[CLOSED] LordM & dwhiz giveaway, March 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Entry post.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  4. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Entry post

5. martybox

martybox Member

ENTRY POST

6. ungawhaa

ungawhaa Member

Entry Post

I agree they are nice looking coins!

7. sidestick

sidestick Member

Entry Post.

8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

You got a "like" because I liked the piano in the video, but the title and subject made me cringe (though I know it was tongue-in-cheek).

Kentucky likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

I'm gonna try uploading the @dwhiz prize coin picture here, since for some reason I keep getting an error message when I try uploading it in the OP. (After it uploads here, I'll add it to the OP. Let me know if any of y'all can't see it there.)

IMG_1685x-tile.jpg

dwhiz likes this.
  10. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Entry post.

This spring I will be cleaning up from all the snow damage this year. I have quite a few trees to clear out that came down. Plus as always starting our garden for the year...already have starts going.

Thanks again for the contest. That Susie B is gorgeous and the world coins would make a GREAT addition to my our ever growing collection. Heck won't even have to find a place to slide em in this time.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

It's a beauty you don't want to miss this. View attachment 746575
    I see It

12. lordmarcovan

You and I would be able to see the original picture, which I copied and pasted directly from your PM to me. But only you and I. By so doing, I made it so that nobody else could see it. That's an interesting feature of the software.

Anyway, I saved it to this computer and re-uploaded it, so everybody should be able to see it now. I think I'll log off and go test that. If I can view it when logged out, it ought to be visible to anybody.

Update: OK, I logged out and can see the image of the @dwhiz prize in the OP. Should be good now.

Garlicus and dwhiz like this.
  13. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

ENTRY POST. Very generous. Thanks

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. roman99

roman99 Well-Known Member

Entry post

15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Lehrer's critique of himself is something like "Plays acceptable piano".

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Thank you for thinking of us. I stayed home today, mostly rain last night, then sleet early this morning, now snow. Very treacherous. Not a lot so far but enough to be extra careful.

Paddy54, lordmarcovan and Garlicus like this.
  17. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Entry post

18. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Entry Post

19. lordmarcovan

For you I will share a few springtime snapshots, then.

Today my daughter starts her new job on nearby Jekyll Island (Georgia). They've done a lot of new development out there in past few years, so I went with her to check it out.

It was a gorgeous day, and not too hot yet (still only 73° F), but afternoons are getting warmer, and we've been running the A/C for a while. Soon it will be a bit too warm for my taste. I'm not quite ready for the cool weather to be over yet.

But spring days certainly have their charm.

20180302_165924.jpg 20180302_165829.jpg 20180302_165722.jpg

The azaleas and flowering trees are in full bloom now, and my white car is yellow with pollen.

Though I'm sure it will sound insane, and while I do enjoy the occasional sunny day, last week's grey and foggy weather was more to my taste.

Mind you, I don't like pouring rain for days on end, but I do like cloudy and overcast days once in a while.

20180226_165358.jpg

20. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Very nice! I think you may be getting a bit more cool weather from up this way. (maybe) I know most of our cold has followed the coastline and somewhat inland throughout this winter. My best friend lives in South Daytona, Fl. and they have gotten a lot of our cold fronts but don't know if it will reach you or not. At my age, I am so sick of the snow but I also do not envy the southern humidity. Hope you had a fine day. Tom P.S. I am surrounded by white pine and the pollen is a roof killer and a real pain on my truck.

21. lordmarcovan

Yes, the humidity here is a drag. We are now moving from what I consider the comfortable time of year here into the opposite, whereas y'all's weather in more northerly climes ought to be improving soon.

There's still a little time for me to enjoy springtime here before it gets too steamy and sticky. Being an obese person who breaks a sweat with little provocation at all, I'm just more susceptible. I like the cool weather.

tommyc03 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.