[CLOSED] LordM CoinTalk giveaway #39 - elongated coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, May 20, 2020.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

That's a wrap, folks, at least until next time. Winners have one month from this post to claim their prizes.

BTW, I just emailed my manufacturer to enquire if it is possible for her to roll out quarters on her equipment. The 2020 Lord Marcovan elongates, if there are to be any, might get rolled out on Indian cents or Buffalo nickels, with the limited silver ones done on silver quarters. IF that proves feasible. We'll see. I'm still brainstorming that.

masterswimmer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

I hope all the winners get a lot of pleasure from their prizes. Excellent giveaway and thankyou for the chance of winning one of those superb prizes. I look forward to hearing how your 2020 elongates progress if they do

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners.
    Thanks to you lordmarcovan. It was fun and exciting to enter the drawing contest.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Congrats to all the lucky winners. You all have an everlasting tie to Rob, same as me.

Kudos to you Rob. You in turn have an everlasting tie to fantastic good karma!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Congrats to the winners and thank you for offering this contest!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. lordmarcovan

@jwitten - address rec'd and coins mailing on 6/9.

jwitten likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

I just bought the host coins for the 2020 elongates. These will be rolled out on Indian cents and Barber dimes. I bought culls, of course, since there's no sense in messing up undamaged 100+ year old coins. By the time they get smooshed and stretched out as elongated coins, the issues that made them culls won't matter anymore, and likely won't be noticeable. Kinda like taking your sour lemons and making lemonade with them.

dwhiz, masterswimmer and YoloBagels like this.
  9. masterswimmer

M'Lord, I look forward to your annual offerings more than I look forward to the current US Mints annual offerings!

Kudos to you!

lordmarcovan and dwhiz like this.
  10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

+1

lordmarcovan and masterswimmer like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

Aw, shucks. Thanks. No design change this year, though, except the border, which will disappear. Maybe I'll get ambitious later. But more likely it will remain the same Robertson badge design each year, with only the host coin types changing.

The projected Barber dime elongate "mintage" will be limited to 50-75 pieces, most likely. I bought 100, but intend to spare any non-culls found in the lot, which was described as being mostly culls with "some good coins floating around".

The Indian cent production total will likely be 125-150, depending on the quality of the host coins. I bought an all-cull lot of 180 pieces. I think I'll have them left "dirty" prior to rolling. (The Wheat cents from last year were cleaned prior to the process.)

Two things presently unknown are how visible the Barber dime dates will be after they are rolled out, since we're likely to be starting from lower grade, flatter host coins. We're also starting from a cull lot. Last year's coins were regular, "average circulated" pieces. I don't want to "waste" or "ruin" collectible old coins. I'd rather repurpose the unloved culls instead (which saves money, too).

I'm hoping that any darker toning the dimes had will provide some visual contrast after they're elongated, so some details and most dates will survive, as happened with the Mercs last year. Hopefully leaving the Indian cents "dirty" will have a similar effect. We'll experiment.

masterswimmer likes this.
  12. masterswimmer

The base coins are far from 'no design change'. I'm actually excited to see them!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. lordmarcovan

@jwitten's were shipped.
    @YoloBagels' were shipped.

I am pretty sure @Nyatii's were shipped, but forgot to keep a record of it. LMK if you don't see them in a few days, OK?

Due to a mixup, I will not be sending @H8_modern a set right now, but he is entitled to a full set of both the 2019 series and the new 2020 series, when those come out. (And I've sent something else in the meantime.)

@Hookman has not been seen since May 30, as of this post.

jwitten likes this.
  14. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Hooray!
    Just received my elongated coins. Beautiful.
    Thank you Lord Marcovan!
    Elongated Coins from Rob - Lord Marcovan 6-11-20.JPG

Rassi, jwitten and lordmarcovan like this.
  15. lordmarcovan

Awesome! What was the date on your dime- can you tell?

16. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

1942 Mercury. And one of the cents was a wheat. I couldn't tell on the other.

17. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Got my coins!! The Mercury is a 1936, looks like the cent is a 1957-D, and the holed cent might be a 1956. Awesome pieces!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rassi and Nyatii like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted