[CLOSED] LordM CoinTalk giveaway #39 - elongated coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, May 20, 2020.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

No, you're a winner, regardless. Our past dealings are such that you should have already been on the short list of people who got a free set up front. The only reason you don't already own a set is merely due to my oversight.

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Here's a couple of mine 2016 Harpers Ferry Quarter squashed by 89 SRR 5b 15 19.jpg 90 25c.jpg

Circus, Hookman, alurid and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the double-headed nails that were meant to be removed after nailing? As kids we would put those on the track and after getting run over, the nails would look like miniature pirate swords. We would even rub the edge on bricks or concrete and sharpen them up.

alurid and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

I know the kind you're talking about. Wouldn't have thought of squishing them. Cool idea. My friends and I had to resort to the plastic cocktail sword picks for our miniature pirate weaponry.

alurid likes this.
  6. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post
    Thanks Rob!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I have been fortunate to have some of these elongated coins come my way.
    1920 @2:30, and I dare say this coin was/is a mottled woody.
    20190605_163958.jpg 20190605_163859.jpg
    1930 @ 4:00
    20190605_163718.jpg 20190605_163736.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I think this coin was treated with color on the smooth face before rolling due to the
    print side showing just one tone and no color.

20190422_185920.jpg 20190422_185906.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. dano

dano Junior Member

Entry Post

10. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Entry Post

This is a cool GAW, thank you for having this set up. I don't have any extremely rare/expensive pressed pennies but I think they're cute either way.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. lordmarcovan

Yes, I was offered the option of such pre-rolling color treatments when mine were made. I halway wish I had opted for it, to give the cents more contrast. (They were out of the red.) And I was correct in assuming that the old grey-toned silver dimes I was having rolled wouldn't need any special pigment added.

alurid likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

Hmmm... I have run out of the printed labels for the envelopes seen in the OP. The file for them is on my network drive at work, and my workplace remains closed until after July 2nd.

Rather than trying to recreate the labels here on my rinkydink home equipment, I think I'll just postpone the drawing until early July.

Though I suppose I could just ship the lots in plain envelopes without the labels. What do y'all think?

13. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Good things come to those who wait. It will also give some other member a chance to post their desire to attain elongated coin.
    Personal, if I should win, I would like to have an envelope with a label. M2¢.

14. lordmarcovan

Well, never mind! As it happens, I had exactly ten labeled envelopes left (though there are still plenty more coins). So that covers five for this giveaway and five more for the giveaway on Collectors Universe.

Stand by. I'll fire up the ol' random number generator in a moment, and we'll have us a drawing! :)

alurid likes this.
  15. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Entry Post (if I'm not too late!) Thanks!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Squeaked right in at the last minute! I just completed the drawings for the Collectors Universe giveaway. I shall commence drawing for this one momentarily.

jwitten likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

@Nyatii - you were the first winner drawn! PM me your address!

YoloBagels and masterswimmer like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

@jwitten - you were the second winner drawn!

Dang, that was quick! Looks like the late bird gets the worm sometimes! :p

YoloBagels, jwitten and masterswimmer like this.
  19. lordmarcovan

@YoloBagels - you were the third winner drawn! PM me your address!

20. lordmarcovan

@Hookman- you were the fourth winner drawn! PM me your address!

PS- still no word about the book you won in a prior giveaway? I haven't heard from @trogdor in a while. But to be fair, it isn't his fault. I launched that giveaway late, so he might not have known his previously-offered donation was put on the table. I have found an email address for him, from last fall. Remind me to contact him.

21. lordmarcovan

The random number generator landed on this post, in which I was responding to @H8_modern. Since @H8_modern has been on my "good guys" list from the very beginning, and should have already gotten a set of these when they first came out, I am declaring him Winner #5.

@H8_modern- please refresh my memory on your shipping address.

Draft saved Draft deleted