[CLOSED] Let it snow....contest....the 2022 Blizzard Weekend Extravaganza...

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Paddy54, Jan 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Entry post

I love snow because when my back goes out again from shoveling I can lay in bed for the next three days or so. I will be in excruciating pain, but I will be in a warm bed!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

Entry post.
    I love the snow and cold weather in general. Tolerating the heat is absolutely something I can't do. If it's cold, I can always add layers, but in the heat, you can only take off so much before people start complaining!

TheNickelGuy likes this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post

I am far enough south that I seldom see the snow. What we get is the backside of the storms that blow in cold air and high winds. The high winds blow down all the pine tree and palm frond garbage and I so enjoy raking and piling it all up.

B67E49F3-4137-44EA-BE76-BC3063ACEA41.jpeg

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Entry Post:

I love show so that I can get up at 4 Am to shovel out the side yard so the puppy can go out and pee & poop when he gets up. And then continue doing it during the day in case he has to go out again.

All day long...

upload_2022-1-29_9-30-53.jpeg

6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Better run out for another 6 pk of Charmin the holly tree is covered.... 20220129_083303.jpg

7. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Entry Post

The year was 1977. The place was southern New Hampshire. I was a dumb freshman in college. We had a blizzard that engulfed the entire Northeast. It was epic. The snowdrifts were 10' high. They completely covered the windows of the first floor dorm rooms.

My buddies and I thought this would be an opportune time to test the theories of Icarus, without his wax wings. We went to the third floor of the dorm, opened the window and saw the snow only about 12'-15' below us. It actually was so high it looked close. We were at the very least smart enough when we jumped out of the window to fly face up, arms and legs spread, staring at the sky. The snow compressed beneath us and our landing was like falling into a stack of pillows. Perfect! No injuries.

The biggest issue nobody thought about was the path to get out. With the snow drifts 4'-5' above our heads we were entombed in snow. For anybody that experiences claustrophobia this was a nightmare. Hello! I'm claustrophobic! Every step towards the nearest exit point was another step into a face full of new fresh snow. Obviously I made it out or this story wouldn't be told here 45 years later.

Ok, I guilty of not lying. This is a true story. If this faux pas on my part precludes me from entering this awesome contest, so be it ;)

Thanks for a great giveaway @Paddy54

Railguy, Lueds, Cheech9712 and 4 others like this.
  8. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I have to go out and shovel so I can poop!

9. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

That one brought tears to my eyes and while not rolling on the floor with laughter, my recliner shook.

@wxcoin, you forgot to include "Entry post" because yours is a winner in my book.

Steve

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

You've just given me the best reason for being married. LOL
    ROFLMAO 1Emoji.gif

11. wxcoin

Thanks! I purposely didn't include "Entry post" because I want someone else to win.

Stevearino likes this.
  12. wxcoin

So @Stevearino, how's the Minnesota winter so far? Looks like you've been hoarding the cold this winter.

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

He’s not hoarding the cold. South Central PA has been cold this year but we have had a lack of snow so far (knock on wood) so maybe he’s hoarding that. Lol

wxcoin likes this.
  14. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Here in NY we've had numerous nights at 0°F to -3°F (without wind-chill) with daytime temps not getting out of the teens. No hoarding cold in Minnesota, take my word for it.

Cheech9712 and wxcoin like this.
  15. wxcoin

0 to -3 is balmy for a Minnesotan.

16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Yup, according to a Minnesotan, at 18*, we’re having a heat wave. :)

wxcoin likes this.
  17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

What is this? A blizzard for ants?
    20220129_155814.jpg

18. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

I hear it has been brutal. At least the bill for snow removal in December alone equaled all of last year's. I'm in AZ for a few months, so I commiserate with my family and friends there, but don't want to join them yet.

Steve

wxcoin likes this.
  19. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

My wife told her cousin it was going to snow here in NC. Her cousin lives in Minneapolis and sent us this one this week.
    upload_2022-1-29_20-25-58.png

20. wxcoin

A friend lives in Mentor and his wife said this year has been brutal as far as the cold.

Stevearino likes this.
  21. wxcoin

I see a lot of dog tracks.

furryfrog02 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.