[CLOSED] Got graphics skills contest?

Discussion in 'Contests' started by BadThad, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rdo

rdo Senior Member

Might want to check out some of the http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

4. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

5. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Just started scrolling down so I have not seen anything past your first four Ruben. I like this one and your first as well and the green color in your forth. What I was thinking when I saw all three was the color should be green and fade as it goes - as in GONE. :thumb:

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Truthfully, i can't take much credit for it. SuSE installed that logo program into the Gimp. I just added the name and picked a font.

Ruben

7. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

8. BadThad

THE END IS NEAR! Let's go peeps! :)

9. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

I'll get to working on it!

10. Larry Moran

Larry Moran Numismatographer

I'm surprised nobody has done a before-and-after ad.

11. BadThad

I'll remind you, I'm not looking for an ad, I'm looking for a LOGO....see the example website I posted above.

12. deadmunny

deadmunny Member

As this copper conservation fluid gains acceptance by the numismatic community over the years, its members will refer to Verdi-Gone as "VG", hence the distinct two-letter logo.

With most of my energies devoted to the logo itself, I spent very little time on label design or color schemes. Various combinations of text with a "VG" logo could be easily experimented with.

My suggestion is to use the back label (back side of bottle) to portray before-and-after photos if desired or line illustrations depicting the different steps of the treatment process.

Maybe I should have made some of these a little larger, but anyway, here are a few logos I worked on.

BadThad, good luck with this newest chapter of your life.

Attached Files:

13. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Member

Nice work, Deadmunny!!! :thumb:

14. Resu Eman

Resu Eman Member

I'm probably too late- I just got back from a trip, but here's a quick try.

[​IMG]

15. Resu Eman

Resu Eman Member

double post

16. Larry Moran

You're right, Moonshadow, deadmunny's logos are good. I like the far bottom left example the best.

And I like Resu's 2 and 4 which are also logolike.

Many of the earlier 'logos' seemed to be just ads or banners. If I had prepared one earlier, it probably would have looked like those. But logos are something different, more abstract and concentrated more in a 'glance,' not a scan.

But, I have something in mind and may find time to give it a whirl in PhotoShop.

I am enjoying this thread. : )

17. Larry Moran

Okay, here's my idea. Not exactly a logo, not exactly a banner. Perhaps it could work.

thad, If you like it, I'll show you a larger version. : )

[​IMG]

The way I see it, this image imparts the feeling that you want to express without actually showing the verdigris, which isn't necessary because you will primarily be selling to coin collectors who understand its purpose.

Synergy is a wonderful thing and I must admit that I had help and guidance from seeing previous posts and the good ideas expressed in everybody's designs.

18. Larry Moran

Here's the larger version. ; )

Here's the larger image. I really want to try Verdi-Gone™, which intrigues me, not so much to remove verdigris, but just as a conservation method. I have a bags of wheaties to experiment with so I will learn just how to use it best. : )

If it will make a dusty old patinated wheat cent look much better, I'll become an advocate. : )

[​IMG]

The coin photo is my photo. You may use it everywhere, with discretion, if I am selected to receive one of your starter kits. Maybe you'll even send a kit to the man who owns the great coin. He is a very senior member of the Detroit Coin Club. His endorsement could prove valuable. He is also among America's finest 'numismatographers.' In fact, he made up the word, numismatography, that has encouraged so many coin collectors to improve their photographs, and their collections. It's always easier to start with a beautiful coin.

19. BadThad

Thanks to everybody that participated! Definately some outstanding work done here! And the winner is.....

deadmummy!

I really, really like the bottom left logo! PM on the way for your prize!

Resu Emon, I really like your ideas too! NICE! I'm going to send you a little "runner up" prize because I think your last 3 ideas could be used on a web page!

Special shoutout to Larry for a very nice looking image! Well done!

20. coppercoins

coppercoins certifiably unstable

Drats...and I wasn't around to enter the contest. I just saw it this evening.

Congrats deadmummy. Just don't drink it all at once...I hear it has a mean kick!

21. deadmunny

deadmunny Member

Thanks Thad and everyone. That was a fun contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.