[CLOSED] Chris B Wildman Giveaway 2 Prizes

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Chris B, Aug 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

There are 2 parts to this giveaway. I decided to try something a little bit different. Both giveaways are open to anyone. Completely free shipping to anywhere in the world. No cost of any kind to the winner.

Part 1

1. Type the words "entry post" at the top of your entry. You may reply to this thread multiple times, but only one entry post per contestant.

2. Tell me what your favorite coin in your collection is and why.

Most of you know that I am particularly fond of coins with the Wildman image. The winner of part 1 will get this coin:

GerBru172503.jpg
    Copper Wildman 1725 Pfenning from Brunswick-Lüneburg-Calenberg-Hannover

The drawing will be performed via random number generator sometime on August 21, 2022.

The contest is totally free and open to international contestants worldwide. There is no shipping charge.

Part 2

At the upcoming World's Fair of Money I will be working at table 528. It's a club table for the Indiana State Numismatic Association. Come over and introduce yourself. I'll give you a number. That will be your entry number.

The winner of this drawing also gets a Wildman. This one:

GerBru178503.jpg

A 1785 dated 1/6 thaler of Brunswick-Lüneburg-Calenberg-Hannover

The drawing will be performed via random number generator sometime on August 21, 2022.

Same as part 1. The contest is totally free and open to international contestants worldwide. There is no shipping charge.

Any questions? Please ask.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Paddy54, Cheech9712, expat and 8 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Entry post.

My favorite coin, or coin type rather, has to be the Lincoln Cent Matte Proof. Rare and fairly unique, they appeal to my liking of high grade early Wheat Cents. Plus, I am a huge fan of the grainy surfaces, which doesnt seem to have ever been very popular.

My first MPL was this 1912:
    15254.jpeg
    15256.jpeg
    15261.jpeg

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Good on you, @Chris B. I have already been the recipient of a Wildman gift from you in the past, so I'm sitting this one out. I like the look of that pfennig, though!

Good Cents, expat and Chris B like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

PS- I hope you'll post pics of some of the folks who come and meet you at the show table, if you and they are so inclined!

6. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Thank you Chris for your generosity. That Pfenning coin looks amazing!

Questions:

1 - Is it one entry post for both drawings?

2 - Can the coin we like be a gov't issued bullion?

7. lordmarcovan

1- I think the first coin is available by a random drawing to anyone who posts here. To enter for the second, you need to meet him in person at the show he described.

2- I think your favorite coin can be anything- after all, it's YOUR favorite, though the rules do state you need to describe why it is.

Good Cents likes this.
  8. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post,thanks,that's a tough choice but it would probably be this.Its historical significance and as my 1st and only 8 Reale. Screenshot_20220702-075927_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20220702-080218_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20220702-080222_Photos.jpg

9. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Entry Post

Thanks for the giveaway :)

One of my favorite coins has to be the half dime. I think they're cool because they were the first made and all of the designs are beautiful. They are fun to collect because they are so small and hard to find in high grades.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry Post. Thanks for the contest.

My favorite coin and the King of my collection is Belgium, 1832, 10 centimes. I love the majestic lion design. I like that it is a large coin. I like it because it is a grade rarity. Cost me $750.00 My most expensive coin to date.

DSC_0744 copy.JPG
    DSC_0739 copy 2.jpeg
    DSC_0735.jpg

11. Chris B

Thank you @lordmarcovan. I reworded the instructions to make it a little clearer.

Good Cents and lordmarcovan like this.
  12. Chris B

Nice one. Ilike me some big copper coins.

13. Chris B

I like it. I have had a few shipwreck coins pass thru my hands but right now all I have is some copper plate money.

Good Cents and lordmarcovan like this.
  14. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post: Thank you for the generous contest,
    I've always liked the looks of the Peace Dollar, one of my favorite Eagle designs.
    peace.jpg peace1.jpg

15. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

ENTRY POST
    A very generous giveaway competition, thank you for the chance to win a great looking piece.
    My favorite coin is this 1763 Saxony Conventionsthaler
    20211128_101052 (2)-side.jpg

16. Chris B

Nice coin. But then, I like just about all German States coins. ;)

spirityoda, lordmarcovan and expat like this.
  17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

German States/Baden I like the griffons... my 2nd favorite coin.

11001616_704809582972976_1522279066852812814_o copy.jpeg

18. Chris B

Somehow, I haven't seen one of these before. I can see why you like it.

spirityoda likes this.
  19. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST
    This is just one of my favorites. I've always loved the design and this one is a good example of the error (three legged buffalo).
    1937 D 3 legs obverse.jpg
    1937 D 3 legs reverse.jpg

20. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

As for a Favorite coin.
    I don't have a picture, but I once got a Mercury Dime in a birthday card. It wasn't that it was in excellent condition, but it was the thought that counts.
    I have the dime in a 2x2 with how I got it written on the outside.

Good Cents, Chris B and lordmarcovan like this.
  21. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

Entry Post:
    Thank you! :) My favorite coin in my collection is a 1955-D Cent with adhesive on the obverse... o_O Why?... The only reason is because it was the coin that started my collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.