[CLOSED] Canadian Large Cent Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Matthew Kruse, Oct 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    I like the 1967 centennial cent design, a nice break from the usual maple leaf ;)

image-1-cent-1967-g.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST
    My favorite is any of them. LOL If it's a coin, it's my favorite.
    While not necessarily my favorite, I've always liked this as it tells a story about coins.
    DSCN1157.jpg Version 2.jpg

4. dano

dano Junior Member

Entry Post.
    I found while CRH'ing, a 1943 Newfoundland Dime! With a mintage of under 105,000, it is by far the rarest coin(although not valuable by any means), that i own. Sorry I don't have a ready picture to share...

5. Steve minor

Steve minor New Member

Entry Post

6. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post, Thanks for the contest and the generous offer of coins. Here are my current favorite Canadian coins. Special issue proof sets.
    c.jpg cc.jpg

7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Since I used to own these coins myself, I would like to designate @Evan Saltis to receive the prize offered by our generous host @Matthew Kruse, provided that my post is indeed selected as the winner.

My favorite Canadian coin design is relatively simple as I'm quite fond of any Canadian coin bearing the portraits of Victoria, Edward VII, and George V. With that being said, my favorite Canadian denomination is by far the 50 Cent piece due to the often low mintages of most pre-1953 issues.

Page 1:

Canadian Half Dollar Album Page 1.jpg

Page 2:

Canadian Half Dollar Album Page 2.jpg

Page 3:

Canadian Half Dollar Album Page 3.jpg

8. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Entry post

Matt, you're the best for doing this.
    I like those large cents too. I have a couple myself but not the later years you show here.

Here is a token... Lower Canada, one Sou (Quebecois monetary term, my grandma still says it!)

From 1835-1838 in Montréal, I got it in a junk bin. I want an upgrade, someday.
    18 Cherry Leaves and 1 shamrock variety.
    IMG_1482.JPG IMG_1483.JPG

9. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

Entry Post: I LOVE PEI and Newfoundland just because. They have real character. Don't have any pics atm Can't even find my pic of my Dominion of Canada 1923 $1 note

10. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Thank you for the photos of the beautiful Victorian era coins. Sorry for the late response, I was at school and other events so I couldn't get pictures until now.

My example of a Canadian 1901 50 cents piece. My grandpa gave me his foreign coin collection because he collects US more, and this was the best coin in there. There's a small ding on the rev rim but still a great coin! One of my best coins to this day :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. BurrosCoins

BurrosCoins Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

I only have a few Canadian coins that I got from a friend when he went to Canada. All circulated. I do like the Silver Maple Leaf coins. Plan to get one and start a World 1oz coin collection.

Matthew Kruse and Evan Saltis like this.
  12. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Paddy54 likes this.
  13. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

EmLV86GU4AM0r-m.jpeg
    °•○●○•●○•●○••ENTRY POST••○●•○●•○●○•°

BEAUTY IS IN
    THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

14. Hookman

If I may divert attention from Canadian coins for just a moment and get into Canadian currency for the purpose of solving a question I have.

Who knows anything about a so-called "Devil's Face" on certain Canadian currencies?

15. Bradley Trotter

You should find this relevant @Hookman.

upload_2021-10-27_21-30-14.jpeg

Paddy54 likes this.
  16. Hookman

Thanks for the helping hand there, Bradley.

I own some of these notes and I've searched for Devilish images and never found or noticed any before, and I must say that, now that it's been pointed out, it takes quite an imagination to see that in the design.

IMO, It's all "Much Ado About Nothing".

Theodosius likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Rim ding notwithstanding, that's a tough coin in that grade!

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  18. lordmarcovan

Hookman likes this.
  19. Bradley Trotter

I guess I've been staring at paper money for far too long.

20. lordmarcovan

I really have to squint hard to see any kind of "devil's face" there.

Wasn't there another pareidolia thing with Canadian paper money... something about a flag on top of a building? Somebody help me out here. I'm not a paper money person.

21. Bradley Trotter

I believe you refer to the instance when some Canadians erroneously perceived that the flag flying on top of the Canadian Houses of Parliament was indeed an American flag. The particular series in question would be the $5 and $10 banknotes from the Birds of Canada Series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_Canada_(banknotes)

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.