Clipped Roosevelt

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Pilkenton, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

I bought a '64D Dime that's clipped. I paid 2.50 for it. I usually buy junk silver, and this wasn't that much more. I bought it just because I didn't have one.

I didn't take a pic, but you all know what they look like. How rare are these? You see clipped coins on ebay all the time.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

There not that rare but the price is dependant on how much of a clip your coin has. $2.50 seems like a decent deal for a clipped silver dime. I just sold a clipped clad dime for $7.00 and the silver one's go for around twice that. How much of a clip does yours have?

4. Pilkenton

It's clipped at the top, but it doesn't touch FDR'S head.

5. jhinton

jhinton Well-Known Member

That sounds like a small clip, if it's in good condition I would probably put a $7.00 price tag on it. I think you got a good deal!

6. Mad.Outcast

Mad.Outcast New Member

the silver ones sell for more,the clips still bring a small premium on any coin,but the silver roos,are a little more rare,as long as it is a real clip,and not just a knotch taken out.on a 64d I would say more like $20+ it also depends on condition.that price would be for au/bu

7. Pilkenton

Here's some pics...

It's the best I can do.

Attached Files:

8. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

What a great dime! I don't collect errors (clips, grease dies, or anything else error related) but that dime is a keeper. I don't have much new info to what everyone else said, but overall, you didn't do too shabby for only 2.50

9. Zzyzzyth

Zzyzzyth Junior Member

Nice!

I would have easily paid $2.50 for an incomplete planchet like that. Especially on a silver and it looks like it's in nice condition, too.

10. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

You got a good deal there, thats fir sure, a nice clip too.

11. Pilkenton

So, what's it worth?

Draft saved Draft deleted