Clio......why do you do this?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by 4to2centBC, Sep 27, 2017.

1. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

welp, i got mine alaying in the floor awaiting to be opened..i haven't yet dug out my old Marshall amp yet.. but i'm gonna today...let's jam!...i could play that DP song a few years back.. i'm rustly i'm sure but it'll come back to me..

Orfew likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Terence Cheesman

Terence Cheesman Well-Known Member

Actually I am and you say that it went for 9K plus fees? Wow.

4. RAGNAROK

RAGNAROK Naebody chaws me wi impunitY

Clio once again...

5. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Did anyone ask the Rabbit who he would like his fate sealed by - the Owl or the Pussycat ? Anyway, that film should gain Coin Talk a few more members !

RAGNAROK likes this.
  6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

:woot:

RAGNAROK and Caesar_Augustus like this.
  7. Caesar_Augustus

Caesar_Augustus Well-Known Member

That's a perfect metaphorical explanation of the last few seconds when lots close. And the owl is none other than you know who. And we're all the poor pussycats :p

Bert Gedin and RAGNAROK like this.
  8. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Anyone else get Clio'd today? I enjoy the thread as it is enlightening as to what his trends might possibly be. Today he sniped me on a tetradrachm with a rare mintmark, at roughly 5 seconds before closing. I am certain he has written specific software to snipe with at least one auction company. I did win two subsequent lots but within 3 seconds of closing.

9. 4to2centBC

4to2centBC Well-Known Member

I did not bid this time around, however I have recently bid at Christie's and Skinners' "online only" auctions. They both use a system that gives an expiry time for the lot, but any bids in the last minute result in 5 minutes added to the expiry time.

Needless to say, I did not get a chance to live like a Rockefeller (Christies) but I did figure out how to win a couple of nice bronze statues from Skinner using this format. As I bid at Christies live (the premier lots,) I realized the rooms were full of Clios. A $3k estimate item sold for over $1.5 Million. We losers of the live auction sought refuge in the online only auction. We slaughtered each other in that one.

Sniping would have been a mercy but Sniping SW is of little use with this other system. It requires a modified strategy and creates a different type of angst.

Theodosius likes this.
  10. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe that too. Given who he is, why wouldn't he have some custom code to snipe at any site he wishes.

I was going to go after a couple of individual lots, but in the end just bid on the group of Kushan coins from the author of the new ANS Kushan book. I did win that. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted