Cleaning coins with dog slobber, toothpaste, and spacey metal polish stuff

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by gboulton, Feb 29, 2012.

1. VetStudent

VetStudent Junior Member

Make sure your critters don't swallow any Zincolns. Zinc is toxic and can lead to serious hemolytic anemia.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Probably there should be an overview (seperate thread) on risks of various coins being swallowed. Kids too young to know the difference, will swallow many toxic objects. Just because something is metal does not mean it will not break down. Best of course would be gold coins. Silver may react, but probably not that much. Modern coins are way too questionable in terms of what metals they are using.

4. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

I'm more inclined to think there should be an overview (seperate [sic] thread) on risks of taking farcical threads seriously.

Or, possibly, an overview on risks of various pets being swallowed by children...

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yeah and BB guns will put your eye out !

C'mon folks, if we can't joke once in a while, what's the sense in livin.

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Awesome thread, needed a good chuckle thats for sure.

7. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

I have two of the worlds greatest slobberers working on it right now, Buster the Boxer and Maximus the Dogue de Bordeaux :D
    Bust 1.jpg Bust 2.jpg Dogue.png

8. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Come on you Guys, I just ate lunch. You're grossing me out over here... OOPS, I just lost it!------ OK, I should be good to go by dinnertime.:eating:

Bruce

9. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

10. gboulton

Save some...I still have some copper to clean...

11. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Didn't the OP specifically say it has to be German Shepard slobber? It can't be any other canine drool. It just won't work. :dead-horse:

12. gboulton

Indeed...I even invited someone to argue about it, but have been rebuffed. :(

13. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Well one could make the argument that it would take a poodle to clean a french coin.. they do have a different way of kissing over there right?

Draft saved Draft deleted