Civil War Token ID Help!!! Please!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by DallasCoinsNThings, Dec 21, 2017.

1. DallasCoinsNThings

DallasCoinsNThings Numismaniac

SO, I have a Civil War Token that I've personally Identified as F-12/312a. The Problem is, this DOESN'T EXIST in the Fuld Guide!!! Only F-10/312a and F-11/312a are shown in the Guide. I went through the Identification Process, and Counted all the Beads around the Perimeter (digitally, using BlueBeam.) See the attached pics of the Token, as well as the pictures where I counted the Beads. BOTH times, from two different pictures, I count 94 Beads. Let me know if anything seems wrong with Identification, PLEASE! ...it'd be great to have an R-10 token, but I want to make sure that the ID is correct!!! Please see the pics....

Attached Files:

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

IMO, your coin is Fuld#12/297. R-2

4. DallasCoinsNThings

DallasCoinsNThings Numismaniac

You know, I think you may be right... The End of the Right Sword Handle is under the RIGHT SIDE of Y, and not quite RIGHT of Y.

It is hard to tell, but the Right Sword Handle does look more like 297 than 312.

I appreciate it! I figured I had probably just missed a detail somewhere!

Thank you!

Insider likes this.
  5. Insider

You know this so this is a tip for others. I didn't even look at the reverse until last. I first looked at the location of the date and hair curls and the point of the bust and first star. Then I went to the photos and the obverse image matched closely to #9, #10, and #12. When #12 looked the best choice, I turned to the back of the book and found only two reverses were use with that obverse - #297 and #351. Only the one was a match and the repunched ''A" confirmed the attribution. :)

6. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Take heart CWT collectors, I am told that the new Fuld Patriotic Book is only weeks away. It’s supposed to be in the same format as the 3’d Edition Store Card book. Pics for the new book are up at cwtsociety.com

7. Insider

Question: I have the 5th Edition.
    So the new book you write about is the 6th Edition?

Draft saved Draft deleted