Civil War Token (1863, Stag)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bonedigger, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

I bought a Civil War token yesterday abd am waiting for it's delivery now as well. This is the first and only one I've acquired so far. 1863, NY 630BO-2a issued by Edward Schulze’s Restaurant in New York City. Or so I've been told, LOL...

What do ya think?

Take Care
    The Venerable Bee :D

Attached Files:

• stag.jpg
      stag.jpg
      File size:
      52.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tollycoin

tollycoin Junior Member

c. w. token

Thats a very attractive piece catalogs in Ralau Tokens at $30.00 in unc. It is an R-1. May I ask how much did you pay for the pc.? If you need to check catalog values of any pcs b4 you purchase let me know..or if you need any others.

4. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

I paid $35 for it with $2 for shipping. I love to hunt deer and this one caught my eye for obvious reasons.

Take Care
    B

5. tollycoin

tollycoin Junior Member

Thats fair price for a nice pc. I believe its choice pc. Worth a bit more than catalog value.

6. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Quick question. About how big is it? Chuckle, I really don't know. Looks to be about 18-20mm or penny size.

B

7. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

That's a great looking token in above averae condition. I have a few tokens but they are all patriotic tokens, not merchant tokens.

8. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

The deer on that token looks like he has an attitude. Nice find Bone.

9. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Yeah, definitely one you need to look out for. I'd imagine he's been a Christmas Dinner memory for some time now. But maybe his genes have been passed along :)

My fingers are crossed ;)

B

10. jemipast

jemipast New Member

hey I have one of these. how valuable is it? just around 30-35?

11. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Man, nice coin Bone! Is that one gonna be sent to BENT? :D

Phoenix :cool:

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Ben:
    Very nice.
    But, as you may have noted, it is from NY.
    So--- Just package it up and return it home, use my address for mailing and I will forward it for you.

13. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Wow, a blast from the past... Jemipast, that's pretty cool. Apparently there weren't many of these struck when compared to 1863 IHCs, but when it comes to CWT, well there are A LOT of these still around. How valuable is it? I really don't know, $35 sounds about right, but sentimental-value and worth are related but very different. Chuckle, Phoenix, no this one like 99.9% of my collection will remain raw. Frank, why would I do that? I got it from a fellow in NY... :D

Ben

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Ben:
    Yeah, and NY wants it back!

15. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

A very attractive piece there!

clembo

16. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

I must have missed this one first time around. Nice cwt, bone! Id of that one is NY 630BO-2a. It is an R1 rarity token (you can never trust Rulau's with cwts). Kanzinger's listed this token at $20 in unc in his 2002 book, which was fairly accurate at the time, but the past year or two has seen cwt values skyrocketing. Your token was made with reverse die 1292, and Schultze also made a token using die 1291. 1291 is very similar to yours but some features are located in slightly different positions. There are also 7 metal variations. If you want to watch for the 1291 die to have a set, look for the antler prong that is under the "C" of "EXCHANGE" to be under the "H" instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted