Circulated ASE

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by brandon08967, Aug 22, 2016.

1. brandon08967

brandon08967 Young Collector

It's not my first ASE but it is definitely my favorite. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Nice. Pocket piece?

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

No. It actually circulated in commerce. I'm thinking South America :wacky:

5. brandon08967

I'm actually not sure, I bought it on ebay. I'm assuming its a pocket piece because it still has some luster to it.

6. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I'd assume it's a pocket piece, simply because... who would spend an Eagle to get $1 in goods?

7. NorthKorea

I can't tell because your photos show no details, but are you sure it's not counterfeit?

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Need better photos

9. brandon08967

20160823_232340.jpg 20160823_232347.jpg sorry if the lighting is bad, it's late at night and The flash isn't very good.

10. NorthKorea

It's counterfeit. Look at the Motto. A real one would have an evenly spaced motto.

Edit: It actually looks REALLY close to real, but it feels counterfeit. Maybe it's because I've never seen such an impaired ASE.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  11. brandon08967

I had my LCS look at the coin, the guy said that it sounded right (he did a sound test) and he also weighed it and the weight was right. Then again, he didnt spend THAT much time looking at it. Do you think I should contact the seller?

12. silv

silv Active Member

Looks counterfeit but not an expert your lcs might not be either. I have been keeping one as a pocket piece for years, it is finally starting to get wear like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

ASEs show up in IKE Dollar bags which you can order from your bank ALL the TIME.

Morgans and Peace Dollars along with Silver Rounds do as well.

14. NorthKorea

If it passed the weight/caliper tests, then I'm sure it's fine.

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I tried a while back at my so.cal wells Fargo, with your form lee, and a healthy business account, and the top manager could do nothing for me. Although I didn't push too hard and didn't keep asking every time I went in.

Draft saved Draft deleted