Cigars and Rum, How about Cuban Coins?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Endeavor, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Maybe if you're smoking a double punch......but an Romeo y Julieta in corona size is a nice smooth smoke.
    Now I prefer a Cuaba tradicionales .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

You understand the difference. I understand the difference. But a lot of people don't, unfortunately. So I see why eBay takes the lowest common denominator approach and bans anything with the word Cuba. Saves a lot of arguments with, can we say, the dullest knives in the drawer.

scottishmoney likes this.
  4. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Some people are sidestepping the restriction by using an alternate spelling.
    I've seen "eCuba".

5. TradingGreen

TradingGreen Active Member

I bought a Hoyo de Monterrey Cuban (Great) and a Romeo y Julieta (Good) while on vacation in Victoria, British Colombia. Didn't attempt to bring any back. Going to Puerto Rico and a few other islands in December. Have to buy more then.

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

The Helms-Burton Act is still on the books, so apparently eBay's lawyers feel that allowing sales of Castro-era Cuban collectibles could be considered "trafficking in confiscated property." I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on that.

I will also neither confirm nor deny that own this object:

Cuba.jpg

7. Paddy54

Well it's legal now so no worries , but a cigar without a ban is a cigar! How can you tell where it came from ? It's accent ? They speak Spanish in quite a few central,and South America countries that produce cigars.
    BTW it was even illegal for an American to smoke a Cuban cigar while visiting in another country .
    Well since I'm not allowed to smoke in the house....the domain of Paddy's garage Is another story. Plus entering such without a passport or invite could get you the business end of a hog leg.....and I ain't talking about being hit by a ham.
    I also suggest a nice bottle of Havana Club rum.....go for the 7 anejo or better. There's some you can sip it like a nice bourbon ,very smooth .

8. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Hehe. Similarly, while it is perfectly legal in pretty much every country to buy and sell current Cuban coins, eBay will not (well, not knowingly) allow that. And PayPal was even taken to court here in Germany by several companies (dealing with Cuban products) whose accounts got closed. PayPal was apparently not aware of the fact that EU law explicitly forbids enforcing "Helms-Burton" here. :rolleyes: The parties ultimately came to some kind of settlement. Complicated world ...

Christian

9. Paddy54

Well on that note a good friend who was selling some pre embargo coins on e bay went through holy heck. It seems ebay got its panties in a knot and went after him. He was waiting for the black SUV ' S and guys in the black suits and sun glasses to show up.
    It's such a forest over something that should of been cleaned up years ago.
    I had a chance to go to Cuba about 15 years ago....my neighbor worked for the US State dept. I had a license a pass port , and an invite to visit.
    Something happen and my visa went out the window.
    By the time my friend got it straight I booked a cruse and the wife and I enjoyed our holiday. I will admit the night we sailed through the passage between Cuba and Haiti there were 2 full moons showing . :)

chrisild likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted