Chip gouge craaacks

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Dec 11, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

I enjoy looking for chips gouges and cracks. I think I like it just because you can find them all the time. Sure it would be nice to find that 43 copper penny but reality is probably not. Alot of these chips can be seen just looking at change when you get it like this one. Its really fun (for me at least) when I get one like this that has 2 chips in the same word. Sure it has no real premium but I dont care at all. Not in this on a daily basis for the premium! 2X2 for this 2015P! Looks like a chip on the "e" in liberty too but I cant tell for sure. Unfortunately, lots of PMD.

IMG_7711.jpg IMG_7710.jpg Snapshot000000.jpg Snapshot000002.jpg Snapshot000004.jpg Snapshot000001.jpg

Mike185, tommyc03, Mark1971 and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Liberty looks like a Die Chip also.
    Nice find.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That's a nice find and two chips in the same word is even better. I'd be keeping that one for a long time.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Good eye ;)

Reed

6. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite "errors" in my collection is actually a series of cracks. I got a roll of new UC pennies a few years ago or so and noticed a crack in the shield. As I kept going through the roll I noticed the same crack on quite a few. I identified I think about 30 of the coins with the same crack BUT at various stages in the crack. It was so cool to put them in a line and kind of watch the progression. Went from small to large....all being visible without a scope which made it even better.

Kaye likes this.
  7. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

That’s really neat and interesting!! Keeper!

Draft saved Draft deleted