Chinese Medal - can someone tell me more about it?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by PaddyB, Jul 27, 2018.

1. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

A friend has asked me to sell this on Ebay for him, but I don't know how to describe it! My best guess is Chinese Imperial, but that is as far as I can go. Even if someone can translate the characters it would help. Measures about 44mm across the points and appears to be enamelled copper.
    Chinese Medal 1.JPG Chinese Medal 2.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Medal of the Chinese Charities Federation.

Numismat and PaddyB like this.
  4. PaddyB

That's great! What sort of era are/were they issued?

5. Mark Metzger

Mark Metzger Well-Known Member

PaddyB likes this.
  6. PaddyB

Brilliant - thanks Mark. Still no actual translation on the legend. And if I am to sell it, some idea as to worth!

7. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

8. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Hi, PaddyB, Looks like you've got necessary info already. But you could have sent the photo to Ebay. And, before then, you might have asked for help with the Mandarin, or whatever language, in a Chop Suey store.

PaddyB likes this.
  9. PaddyB

I tried the local Chinese restaurants - they all either claimed they did not read Chinese or admitted they were actually Vietnamese! :happy:
    Not sure about the "sending to Ebay" - is this a genuine possibility?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  10. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Hi PaddyB. Not very sure, myself about contacting eBay in the best way. For instance, would you need to contact a USA branch ? It may be a good start to google eBay, and try different options in how to contact them. In some cases one is asked to contact your buyer or seller before contacting eBay. For general information, which you may require, try contacting eBay Customer Service, which might respond by "How can we help you today ?" If you don't want to get too involved with your pal's business, you could suggest that he make the enquiries, but you could be there to assist him. Alright ?

11. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

I have found ebay help and customer service to be much less than helpful or intelligent. I don't mind them hiring the handicapped, but a line should be drawn to avoid employing absolute idiots. Paddy got his needed info quickly and easily right here on this forum. Also the problem with asking the local chop suey folks is that although they might be able to read the Chinese characters, they might not know how to say it in Ingles. I been hanging around the far east off and on since 1969 and I kinda know what I'm talking about.

PaddyB likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted