Chinese Coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by DM Coins, Jul 29, 2018.

1. DM Coins

DM Coins New Member

Identification, value and any information? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I'd figure what is the most important aspects of the coin, and type it into google. What do you come up with?

4. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

Y423. 1912-1924 Kwangtung (Guangdong) silver 20 Cents Republic era. Not worth much in that condition. You would need to have better pictures of the reverse to match the year precisely. Maybe get a few bucks for it on ebay if your lucky as there are Many other nice examples around.

Chris.

5. britannia40

For chinese coins it's the province that makes it easiest to look up. If a dragon or square hole in center generally late Qing dynasty.
    CC20.0.c.jpg CC138.1.e (1).jpg

There are a few other commeratives and other issues. Republic ones generally have 2 flags on them.
    CC492b.a.jpg CC379.k.jpg
    Generally most the common stuff natch this for era there are exceptions and many many counterfeit pieces.

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I've got a few, I think that there is some kind of integrity that is built when someone has the ability to identify it themselves.
    I still have quite a few coins that I haven't attributed.

britannia40 likes this.
  7. britannia40

I agree. With minted chinese coins identifying the province and era is the big help in identification. Cast coins I don't play with.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  8. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

It's dated 1920. There is a key date which is worth more but I cannot remember it off the top of my head...

9. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

Can anyone out there help me identify the mint of this cash. It appears to be that of the reign of Wen Zong. I have tried looking in Hartill and of course Sjouth but no joy. No mint marks shown match.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted