Chinese cash coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I pulled these cash coins out of a junk bin and I'm planning to sell them. I just want to make sure there's nothing special here. Can someone who is knowledgeable on these let me know if there's anything notable here? I assume most are common. First two pictures are front and back of the first four coins, then the same for the next four coins, and finally two coins which look a little older to me, front and back. 4 front 1.jpg 4 back 1.jpg 4 front 2.jpg 4 back 2.jpg 2 front.jpg 2 back.jpg

Parthicus and Larry E like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Parthicus

Parthicus Well-Known Member

Nothing really stands out value-wise, but here's what you've got:
    1st photo set: 3 identical are Guangxu (1875-1908), machine-struck cash from Guangdong mint, Y#190. Fourth coin is Qianlong (1735-1796), Board of Works.
    2nd photo set: 2 identical are Guangxu, Guangdong mint machine-struck, Y#189 (a different variety than the first picture). Bottom left is Daoguang (1821-1850), Board of Works. Bottom right is Qianlong, Board of Revenue.
    3rd photo set: Left is Kangxi (1662-1722), Jiangning (Nanking). Right is Qianlong, Board of Revenue.
    Hope this helps.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  4. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Thanks. One more question on that last one, Qianlong - do you know what date range that would be? I might keep these older ones.

5. The Eidolon

The Eidolon Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted