Chicago ANA World's Fair of Money Show

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BigTee44, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ALERT!

Just a question

Last year someone came to the Whitman booth looking for me, I believe he was wearing a yellow shirt (I think that was what the lades said)
    anyway we never met up.

Who was it?
    Are you here?

McBlzr likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I went in 2011. It was an awesome experience. I'm still in awe of what I saw there. The quality of whats there and the dollar value under that roof can't be described. It is absolutely huge. Two days minimum to cover it. You will see rare pieces worth 100k to 1 million+ sharing the same case. I got to pick up a large gold bar that was probably 5 or 6 pounds at least. You'll see cases full of gold like you've never seen. I had some fun transactions. Utilized NGC's service on site. Did a little buying and trading. It was cool. Unfortunately gold and silver was at it's peak when I went. Now's the time to go. Have fun.

4. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Actually, I think the bar was 400 troy ounces or 27.5 pounds. They were there with it last year too... it was one of the metal refining companies.

5. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

The "bar"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They let you reach in through the hole and pick it up. It was difficult to pick up. I don't think I'd be able to move a sack full of them. It was interesting to feel just how dense gold is. It felt like a bar of lead. A gold coin in hand feels weighty as it is. This thing was ridiculous.

6. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

That might have been me. Nothing big, just looking to say howdy and shake your hand.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

ah, yellow shirt?

I left my cell # for you.

This year stop by and I'll tell the ladies to call me.

If I remember, of course.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I hope not, gold weighs almost twice as much as lead does. If a gold bar "feels like lead" it's a fake :)

Vess1 likes this.
  9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

It was Angelina Jolie , Frank . ;)

10. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Rusty told her to forget about you.

rzage likes this.
  11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I know a last year or the year before, I stopped by and we had someone take a picture of both of us together. I never saw the results on it. We need to try that again. This time I'll bring my own camera. Unfortunately, now we will both look older, but more so. :>( I see the show opens to the public a day earlier than last year, but doesn't run on Sunday anymore. Most dealers were gone by early Sunday afternoon anyway. This year I'm seeing a fair amount of TV advertising on the event. I hope that helps us all out. Dealers selling more and the collector base expanding.

12. Silver Planet

Silver Planet New Member

Just went yesterday... here's my wrap-up with some video and photos, for anyone interested:

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted