Cherrypickers Guides Values

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Joey from Da Bronx, Jun 24, 2021.

1. My sister gave me a bunch of coins that she saved, so I got out my Cherrypickers Guides to help me go through them. I have the 5th editions of volumes one and two from 2009 and 2012, so I went online to see if newer ones have been printed. Well, Holy Schwartz, was I in for a surprise! I couldn't believe what is being asked for the print version of these editions in used condition. Amazon has them from $94 to $902 (yes, nine hundred and two dollars!). Kindle versions are $14. eBay has them for $98 to $194. Amazon has the 6th edition of volume II for pre-order for $39. They say Whitman is printing it on June 15, 2021, so I went to Whitman.com to check it, and it isn't even listed on their site! Has anyone noticed the price spike of these? What's going on?

OldSilverDollar likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

This was posted on the different forums last year and maybe earlier.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

The new edition should come out soon.

But, with Covid, who knows how soon.

5. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I believe I called Whitman about a week ago to ask, and they said it would be released in August or September of this year (a lot has happened this year for me, so unless I write stuff like that down it just gets filed in my "maybe try to remember it if you can" storage bin at the back of my brain.)

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Is it possible that the passing of J. T. Stanton in 2018 has something to do with the older editions selling for more?

Draft saved Draft deleted