Cherrypicker's Guide (6th Edition) 2020 Info?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by stldanceartist, Nov 21, 2020.

1. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Heard that this updated version (6th edition, Volume 2) was supposed to be available earlier this year, but was delayed until December 2020. Here we are about a week and a half from Dec 1 and the book isn't on Whitman Publishing's website at all. Has a page on Amazon but no upcoming release date (no preorders available) and a page over at Barnes & Noble (with preorder available for $39.95.)

Does anyone have any insight as to what caused the initial delays, and if it will actually be available on Dec 15 as stated on B&N?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Try wizard coin in Va. They have great prices, and a good inventory, if anyone can advise you call wizard they are great to deal with.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. stldanceartist

Well, checking out their website, they do have a listing for Volume 1 (half cents through Jefferson nickels) - but it's out of stock at the moment (darn, because it's on sale, too, haha...) but not a listing for Volume 2.

Paddy54 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Seems like their out too. th.jpg

6. SensibleSal66

What about the 5th edition ?

7. stldanceartist

They have a listing for the old version Volume 2 (5th Edition) - which I already have...and it is also out of stock.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. SensibleSal66

?? That stinks . Welcome to the Holiday Season . It's all internet buying age . th (1).jpgClark2.jpg

9. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it will be delayed again. I've been waiting for it for several years now. But you throw COVID in and everything goes out the window. I'm will be one of the early buyers.

The used ones on eBay are insane!

10. SensibleSal66

Tell me about it ! I was surprised too .

11. stldanceartist

@jtlee321 - Yeah, those are CRAZY prices - like, who would actually buy that book at that price?

I hope the newer version is formatted a lot better than the 5th edition (maybe have the variety, pictures, and information ALL TOGETHER on the same page this time?) and I hope all the varieties have pictures...

Paddy54 likes this.
  12. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

There is so many sites on line I no longer buy a CPG. And the errors I have found in them .
    Now yeah i love books... and have quite a few....but they have dropped the ball so many times.

13. stldanceartist

@Paddy54 - Yes, I do have quite a few bookmarks in my browser, but sometimes it's still nice to unplug from a screen and pore through an actual physical book.

I do still have a PDF version of the CPG on my iPad, though...so if I was able to buy the updated PDF of the CPG I would.

SensibleSal66 and Paddy54 like this.
  14. SensibleSal66

15. stldanceartist

Yep, that's in my bookmarks as well as John Wexler's site, Brian Ribar's site, Lincoln Cent Resource, The Ike Group, a site for Type B Rev Quarters...

...anyone here got some more great die variety sites we can bookmark?

Draft saved Draft deleted