Cheerios dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by ryansdaddy1988, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  2. Finally got some better photos. Any guess on grade and or value?

3. Finally got some better photos. Any guess on grade and or value?

4. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

I'd say it would grade ms65 but I'm no expert. You should definitely send it to PCGS or NGC.

ryansdaddy1988 likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It looks like the die-polish lines, if present, should come up from the shoulder toward the mintmark. I can't tell whether they're there or not in these photos. Can you get shots with the light coming from the left or right of the coin, which would highlight vertical features?

6. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Where is the close-up of the reverse? Is it the rare one or not?

I'd love to have one.

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

AS Jeff said,:rolleyes: the lines need to be shown with different light. They are probably going to be difficult to capture through the original packaging. But you should at least be able to identify them in hand.

8. MWallace

MWallace New Member

DO NOT remove from the original packaging. Submit it as is. Even if it doesn't have the enhanced tail feathers, it should still be slabbed as a "Cheerios Dollar" which has a fraction of the value the enhanced tail feather version, but has MUCH MORE value than an ordinary Sac$. Once removed from the original packaging, if it doesn't have the enhanced tail feathers, it just becomes an ordinary dollar.

9. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

You can't see the reverse. The coins are sealed against the cardboard insert.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You don't need to see the reverse. The "rare" Cheerios dollar has die polishing marks on Sacagawea's shoulder on the obverse. If the die polishing marks are not present, it is just an ordinary Sac dollar.

Chris

mikenoodle and ryansdaddy1988 like this.
  11. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

12. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

If you win the lottery, you MAY be rich...if you have a 2000 Sac with enhanced feathers, you will have a nice down payment on an SUV. Hope you have a winner.

13. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

OK.

Got it now.

14. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I think it was Tom DeLoy that found the obverse die marker to identify the pattern Sac Dollars.

15. MWallace

MWallace New Member

That is correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted