Check your 09 lincoln roll order!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by FreakyGarrettC, Mar 28, 2009.

1. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

That and my miserable experience with ordering the APE last year from the mint are why I have sworn them off. I didn't even bother with the UHR, even though I want one. I will buy some non first strike available and un-coffined piece sometime when the dust up over them settles and I can suffice on a decent price for one.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Only Jimmy Hoffa could explain the ways of the mint, and he cannot be found.:eek:

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Heard they found his car keys in a can of Bumble Bee tuna In Paramus.....

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

He was allegedly buried under a house not but about 1/2 mile from where I used to live. Authorities dug around the yard etc, but gave up when it came to digging under the house. All in all they caused about $40K worth of damage to the home. Last I heard the homeowners were having a great amount of difficulty getting the FBI and local police to pay for the damages they created. Similarly there was a barn on a horse farm about an hour away that had been torn down looking for Hoffa.

6. Andrew67

Andrew67 Clueless

Ya didnt Geraldo find them?

7. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I like your avatar Cap'n, it's looks like your are sitting there thinking, those son of- a- gggguns lost my da...rrrrned order, ha.
    I bet everyone's order will be okay, and it just our side of the tracking. They will probably have to recontruct a few orders, but I'll bet they are okay. Maybe Mr. Moy will autograph the ones that got messed up. That would be neat.
    Good luck to everybody!

I doubt there will be any MS-70 this year, but if there is, I'd like to be the one to own it.....I could retire. I saw where a MS-67 sold a couple weeks ago for $861.11. OUCH.

2009 LINCOLN CENT PENNY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE PCGS MS67-RD . 27 bidders and ended at $861.11.

8. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

Advanced Search HereAdvanced Search HereAdvanced Search Here
    Advanced Search Here

Advanced Search Here
    Search Keyword or Product No. GO

FAQs | My Wish List | My Address Book | Edit My Account | Sign Out

Order status

Your most current order appears at the top of this page. Your order history will include any purchases that you have made online since the creation of your My Account profile. Future purchases made by mail, phone, or fax may not be reflected in your online order history.
    Go

There are no orders found

Continue Shopping
    I have shoulder surgery tomorrow, so I'll have a couple of hours to spend on hold, maybe I'll get to talk to a human about this.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I hope the pain subsides Cap'n....in both respects.

10. cncman

cncman Senior Member

Not for me, I haven't been able to track online since I ordered over a week ago. I called to make sure they got my order and to add subscriptions for the silver proof set and the uncirculated mint set, they set me up with the mint proof set instead according to my email so I called back again, they said my order (silver proof set and ASE-W) was being picked in the warehouse, but it still says I have NO orders whatsover supscriptions or otherwise. This is starting to feel like the botanical garden set all over again where they confirmed I was getting a set on the phone but later denied anyone ever told me that and I never got it.

11. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I used to have trouble by just using the tracking, and I haven't done it that way in a long time. Instead I do as Kirk said, by going to My Account, My Order History, then clicking the latest order I want to see. By the way my is now saying expected ship 4/3/09. I hope you all are getting your orders resolved.

12. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Wow cncman, that was an expensive flub on the mints part.
    Those nickels are high dollar!

13. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Dang, I keep forgetting,

I hope everythin goes well for you Cap'n!
    Maybe they'll give you some good stuff for the pain, ha

14. becky62

becky62 Collector

My order history just shows "in stock & reserved" so I guess I'll get mine. :hatch:

I also checked my subscriptions, they are all there too.

15. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I checked twice last night, just hoping that they would ship. The first time it said expected ship date of 4/3/09, and the next time was the same as yours, "in stock & reserved".

I just feel for the people that the mint lost their orders. I am a petroleum landman, and if we work running title on minerals for a week, and it doesn't get done correctly, then our client wouldn't have to pay. They would get the title run for free...if we ever wanted their business again!

The thing here is, there's no other place to go to get these products, and they don't realize they all work for us.

I better quit while my blood pressure is still okay, haha. I've learned the only way that we can deal with it is to just wait until they arrive.

Good luck everyone.

16. cncman

cncman Senior Member

Yea, it wasn't expensive for them though, just me!

17. FreakyGsMom

FreakyGsMom Member

I am totally disappointed in the U.S. Mint

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I have had a TERRIBLE morning thanks to the United States Mint! :( :( :(
    The US Mint saga continues. After our conversation with "Jackie" at the US Mint on Saturday morning Garrett started this thread to alert others of the "major computer glitch" that she described they were having with the Lincoln Roll Sets, we were told on Saturday that "over 100 orders had been affected by the glitch." Jackie actually recommended that Garrett tell other collectors to check their orders to be certain they were not affected. She also assured us that our order would be reinstated and we would receive our order in the order it was placed in. She asked that we be patient because there was only 1 supervisor that could resolve the issue since it was the weekend. Garrett checked on our order Sunday and Monday and it still remained cancelled. At his insistence, I called the US Mint this morning to see if the problem had been resolved and get an estimated ship date. The rep that I got this morning, "Mia" was very nice and helpful, but according to her everything Jackie told us on Saturday was a lie, I'm not paraphrasing here, she actually said "she lied to you." :( Mia said there has been no "major computer glitch" and our order was cancelled because when they ran the credit card last week it didn't go through. I knew my credit card expired and called the US Mint as soon as I got the new card with new expiration to give them the info and have my account updated, but apparently it didn't get changed by the mint. I cannot even begin to explain how disappointed I am in the Mint. :mad: Credit cards have expiration dates... they expire, but I really thought by calling and updating them with the new expiration BEFORE the card expired I had handled things before it was a problem. I actually gave them the new expiration date the same day (3/13) of the original order, about 45 minutes after the order was placed a new card came in the mail and I called IMMEDIATELY. I don't know if the rep that I originally gave the updated info to messed up something when she changed things or what but there is no way the charge would have been declined by my bank if it was submitted correctly.

Mia informed me this morning that Jackie lied about everything and that she also knew the order was cancelled on Saturday due to a problem with the credit card. The notes that Mia read to me that Jackie placed were TOTALLY different than what Jackie told us on Saturday. Why in the world would this person lie??? Who are these people the mint is hiring for customer service? Another thing that really bothers me is that I gave my credit card number IN FULL along with the expiration date to Jackie for verification on Saturday and today the mint tells me their employee is a liar. Today's rep said there is no way that Jackie updated ANY credit card info on our account Saturday because according to her it can't be modified with a cancelled order. Now in addition to having no rolls of Lincoln cents I'm worried my CC info might be compromised. Sorry this is so long, but I'm really bummed. This is terrible customer service and I'm not sure which is worse...being lied to by the mint or having the mint admit they lied to you. I was told by the rep this morning that ALL of their calls are recorded, so if the supervisor replays Saturdays call they will hear that my story is accurate, but I've spent 1 1/2 hours of my time dealing with this mess and I'm just plain mad. Any suggestions?

18. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Not that it would do any good, but who knows, it might! I think if I were you, I would write Edmund Moy a letter and see what happens. I'd even spend an extra buck and put one of those green delivery confirmation card on it to get returned. You would get somebody's signature. That would let them know how serious you feel about it.
    Edmund C. Moy, Director
    United States Mint
    801 9th Street, N.W., 8th Floor
    Washington, DC 20220

Draft saved Draft deleted