Charmy's 2015 PNNA TUKWILA/SEATTLE COIN SHOW REPORT w/lots of Pics!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Penny Lady®, May 5, 2015.

1. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

This is the last in a slew of back-to-back shows I’ve had over the past two months, and although I very much looked forward to going to Seattle, I was also very much looking forward to the end of the show so I could relax and do nothing for a little while! I love going to the PNNA Tukwila/Seattle show, not just because it’s a good show, but because I get to see my wonderful brother Paul who lives in Seattle! He is such a kind, caring, giving guy, and he makes me want to be a better person every time I’m around him.

As usual, I arrived at the airport early and was pleased the airport wasn’t very crowded.

[​IMG]

I was also very happy to sail through TSA with no explosives check so I found a cozy spot at a restaurant right near my gate to wait when I would need to board my flight. I decided to change up my pre-flight beverage with a sweet rum and pineapple juice.

[​IMG]

I boarded my flight and settled in my seat for the 2+ hour flight to Seattle – I was really looking forward to spending a few days with my brother.

[​IMG]

Good-bye Orange County (for now)….

[​IMG]

I was lucky enough to be on the right side of the plane when we flew over majestic Crater Lake. I used to take my two boys on a road trip each summer to various National Parks, and Crater Lake was their most favorite National Park, mostly due to the amazing lodge located right on the rip of the lake.

[​IMG]

I also had a great view of Mount Ranier!

[​IMG]

Soon, we were getting ready to land in Seattle….[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul picked me up at the airport and, after dropping off my bags, he took me over to Fry’s so I could find a new laptop. My laptop which is a few years old, was recently damaged and having other issues, so I wanted to replace it before it died at an inopportune time! And I always save my electronic purchases for when I see Paul, since that is his forte and he can take all the information from my old laptop and puts them on the new one and get me all set up. Not only did I find just the right one with the necessary memory and other bells and whistles that I needed, I found one that was a gorgeous red and black!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that, we went back to the airport to pick up my gal pal Cindi (ANACS rep), then headed off to dinner.

[​IMG]

We headed out to the show early Friday morning since Paul had to be at work by 8am (he works for Expedia).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the lobby of the community center

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The Penny Lady®

The show opened to dealers at 8am, and there was quite a line of dealers waiting to get signed in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My table is located right by the loading dock area – which sometimes is not a good thing when it’s cold, but this time is was wonderful since the Seattle weather turned out to be quite warm!

[​IMG]

This is a view of the loading area from the outside, which is just in the back of the community center.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The room sure looks empty before all the dealers get set up.

[​IMG]

Me all set up and ready for business!

[​IMG]

I only bought a few coins during the show, including some raw pieces, because I had already made a lot of purchases at last week’s Central States show. Here are some of the certified coins I bought. The 1864 Two Cent piece is in one of the early green 2-part holders still in tact.

[​IMG]

I also got three neat Indian cent errors on consignment but sent them to Todd to be photographed before I could snap photos.

I also bought this very scarce whiskey Conder token, Dublin/Bryens D&H 388.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ANA President Walt and the PNNA club member volunteers manning the reception area.

[​IMG]

The show opened to the public at 1pm and soon the room filled up.

[​IMG]

These two Pacific Northwest usual suspects showed up early! Airplanenut and Lakesammman

[​IMG]

This exhibit on Courtesy Autographs won Best of Show (there were several more cases)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the PNNA’s 75th anniversary so there was a non-competitive exhibit of all the medals and tokens from the various PNNA shows, which included about 5 more cases.

[​IMG]

This exhibit had fun things made using coins, which was my personal favorite!

[​IMG]

This was an interesting exhibit because it just had a beaver pelt, which of course back in the 1800’s was used as money.

[​IMG]

I brought a bottle of wine with me which didn’t last long!

[​IMG]

jj00, gronnh20, chrisild and 2 others like this.
  4. The Penny Lady®

After the show ended, Paul picked us up and we headed out to dinner.

This is the bridge that crosses the river right in front of the community center.

[​IMG]

We ended up at a little sports pub, Hop Jack, in his neighborhood for dinner.

[​IMG]

They had some yummy sandwiches with great tater tots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saturday was very busy with a decent crowd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seattleslammer stopped by to say hi.

[​IMG]

Cindi manning the ANACS table

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the friendliest dealers around – Lynn of New Orleans Rare Coins

[​IMG]

Even the hallway in the reception area was crowded!

[​IMG]

The lunch truck out in back had surprisingly good yet inexpensive food and was a very popular lunch spot!

[​IMG]

Later in the afternoon, I opened this bottle of wine that my brother gave me.

[​IMG]

And a dealer friend brought over a nice bottle of wine to share with me.

[​IMG]

chrisild and longnine009 like this.
  5. The Penny Lady®

After the show ended on Saturday, the PNNA held a 75th anniversary and awards celebration.

PNNA President Danny Bisgaard with James Reinders who received the ANA’s Points of Light award from ANA President Walter Ostromecki

[​IMG]

More PNNA club members received the Points of Light Award

[​IMG]

Gawain O’Connor received the ANA Presidential Award

[​IMG]

Walt received a PNNA Lifetime member award from Lisa Loos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ed Fischer received the Bob Everett Memorial Award, the PNNA’s highest honor

[​IMG]

After the awards reception, we headed out to Farrelli’s Pizza restaurant for our last night in Seattle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunday was a very quiet day, and I didn’t see a lot of business going on. Usually at this show many dealers are still left even on Sunday afternoon, but this show was unusually slow overall, and Sunday was super slow. But my and Cindi’s flights weren’t until 7pm so we stayed until the end. Once at the airport, we got through TSA quickly, then grabbed a bite to eat, and a pre-flight beverage at Anthony’s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bye-bye beautiful Seattle, for now….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since my hubby left for the NORRA Mexican 1000 race in Baja before I got home from Central States, then I left for Seattle before he returned, I hadn’t seen him in almost 2 weeks. This is me so looking forward to getting home to my hubby – and of course little Penny!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Great pics as always, Charmy.

7. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report. I missed it this year. Was sick for a week and just feeling better now.

8. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Very nice!! I wanted to make it up there, but again, I had to work. Thanks for the fabulous coverage.

9. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Thankyou Charmy. What type of whiskey business was that on your Condor?

10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

nice write up. that 2 center is amazing. :jawdrop:

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Thanks, Charmy! The Dutch ashtray and bracelets are cool. And the token from a "candles and whisky" maker is interesting too ... :)

Christian

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

As usual, your reports are always a welcomed read, but I have just one comment for this one.

Onion Rings....$8.50!!!!!!

Chris;)

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Fun report Charmy. Love the image of Crater Lake.

14. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

I love your cat!! Drooling over that 1909-s ihc too ... love your writeups

15. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Really Great PICS!!! I especially loved the aerial photos...brings back memories of flying into Hawaii Coin Show in 2009. Thanks for the memories. Enjoy what remains of your day. :joyful:

16. OdedPaz

OdedPaz Elongated Designer&Roller

Once again, a wonderful report from a wonderful woman!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted