Charmy’s Pawn Stars Filming/Las Vegas Show Report w/Lots of Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Penny Lady®, Mar 2, 2012.

1. koen

koen New Member

i hope after theb show airs that it will be on youtube or something, because i cant see it :p

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

They usually have episodes viewable a day or two after it airs on history.com

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Charmy is a TV star now! :)

What the heck is this?

[​IMG]

Just curious....Mike

5. brewerbonsai

brewerbonsai Member

cool stuff, thanks for sharing & cheering me up!

6. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Very nice i watch the show regularly.

7. ctrl

ctrl Member

A GE Ball- (or Globe-) Top refrigerator

8. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Yes, very cool Charmy. I always watch the show. Did you get to meet Chum Lee?

9. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Great story and photos charmy. I hope your episode airs. Good luck!

10. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

Friday – The LVNS show is pretty large with about 200-250 dealers. And there was a very decent crowd when the show opened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few forum members stopped by with their significant others

FastRudy (“The Popcorn Guy”) and his wife
    [​IMG]

LasVegasTeddy and his girlfriend Teddy
    [​IMG]

AUandAG/Bob and his wife Linda
    [​IMG]

Sandy and John Gulde are our wonderful hardworking show promoters!

Sandy and her helper Asteris
    [​IMG]

John
    [​IMG]

And not so hard working Todd/Blu62Vette (JK!) and his dad Roger/MustangGT
    [​IMG]

Ian Russell and me
    [​IMG]

Some of my newps
    [​IMG]

This is the first new Indian cent I’ve added to my personal collection in a long time. This one is gorgeous with beautiful sunset colors! And it’s the only “Red” coin in my collection. Todd took a photo of it so I’ll post it when I get it.
    [​IMG]

And for Ricko and the other wine lovers – this is what I opened yesterday and am finishing off today
    [​IMG]

And this one I’ll open tomorrow!
    [​IMG]

That’s it for now – after the show ends today some of us are going out to celebrate another dealer’s birthday, then of course it’s more poker for me! More later….

11. joewhite73

joewhite73 Member

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

DR. Who reject.........

13. Dennis68

Dennis68 Member

Very cool-Congrats!

14. tristen1230

tristen1230 New Member

Lucky. I may go to vegas this summer and if I do I will definitely be stopping by the Pawn Shop.

15. noow

noow New Member

Great report.

16. Owle

Owle Junior Member

17. CRHnut

CRHnut New Member

*snickers* HAHA, LOL. My friend likes Dr. Who, LOL. Hilarious Greenie!!!

Great report Miss Charmy!

CC

18. The Penny Lady®

Friday continued:

Here are the tee-shirts they gave me after my filming at the Pawn Stars – his and hers!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Palace Station where the coin show is held
    [​IMG]

And this is where I’ve been playing poker inside Palace Station
    [​IMG]

We had dinner at this Italian restaurant inside Palace Station where the food was surprisingly very good! Since I was drinking Patron while playing some black jack before dinner, I stuck with tequila and only had a margarita – sorry Ricko, no wine for dinner this time around! I know, you’re saying, how could I not have a good wine with Italian food!
    [​IMG]

Saturday:

The show picked up quite a bit today and has been pretty steadily busy all day. I had some great sales and have been very pleased with the show! From talking with other dealers, most of them said that the show started out rather slow, but then picked up quite a bit and they've had a very good show this year. The Las Vegas Coin Club is adding a second show this year in September (right after Long Beach) and I look forward to coming back here then - if not sooner!

Here is the Las Vegas Coin Club staff who have tirelessly been preparing for and working the show!
    [​IMG]

And this is the ANA-sponsored kids’ table. Walter and his helper Ed put together the kids’ treasure trivia hunt as well!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some of the cute kids who stopped by my table for the trivia prize!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No, this is not yet a young numismatist, but he’s the adorable son of Scott Western, the supply guy
    [​IMG]

Monica at ANACS was set up at the show taking submissions
    [​IMG]

This is Frank and Dawn who put on the Ontario show
    [​IMG]

This is Al of Arnold’s Coins – he custom made my beautiful oak cases!
    [​IMG]

A few more forum members stopped by:

Coierww2/Warner and his wife Jennifer
    [​IMG]

ColeGuy/Guy (CoinTalk)
    [​IMG]

And here’s me at my table – can you find the treasure trivia sticker at my table?
    [​IMG]

Tonight I’m on my own, so I’ll definitely be playing more poker! Then it will be a short day tomorrow, then a long drive home…..

19. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Is it on the left corner on second case from the right? I never been good at these spot the type puzzles. I also never really realized how much inventory you really have. I cannot imagine having to lug all of that around to setup and tear down. Looks like a lot more work than you describe.

Thanks for the report. Darn shame not the week of the 12th when I will be out there.

20. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

It was great stopping by and finally meeting you, Charmy! It turned out to be a great show. I'm already looking forward to the next one.
    Guy

21. The Penny Lady®

Mark, good eye!

Guy, ditto! I was very glad you stopped by and I look forward to seeing you again at the next showin September!

Draft saved Draft deleted