Charmy’s Pawn Stars Filming/Las Vegas Show Report w/Lots of Pics!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Penny Lady®, Mar 2, 2012.

1. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

I arrived here in Las Vegas on Wednesday afternoon, checked into my room at the Rio, then headed over to Pawn Stars for my filming appointment. There was a long line around the building but, as instructed, I went straight to the door and let them know who I was and that I was there for filming. A production assistant led me to the back room where they usually film Rick in front of the guitars. I was given paperwork to sign, including a confidentiality agreement so I cannot discuss details about the filming, my item, etc. Nor can I publish photos of the “back side” of the shop, but I can post photos of the public side of the pawn shop so I took photos of some very interesting items they had for sale in the store. I can say that I had a great time, they treated me like I was someone special, and Corey was a lot of fun to negotiate with.

Just before I arrived at the Pawn Stars shop, I spotted this American Restoration Truck! I love this show as much as I do Pawn Stars!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my Pawn Stars “Sellers” badge
    [​IMG]

My new BFF Corey!
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The Penny Lady®

The producer – a very cool and great guy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I was finished filming, I met Todd and his dad Roger for dinner at Tony Romas on Fremont Street. They have very yummy ribs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Todd liked playing this penguin slot machine game that played “Ice Ice Baby”!
    [​IMG]

Here’s a pic from my room at night
    [​IMG]

And then in the morning – the weather here in Vegas is absolutely beautiful!
    [​IMG]

I stopped by the PCGS show at the Venician, bought a few coins, but didn’t see many forum members. Then I headed to the Palace Station for set up.

After set up, I stayed at Palace Station and played some 4-8 limit poker. After I doubled my money, I headed back to the Rio for some more “Ultimate texas Hold-Um “ and “Texas Hold-Um Bonus. I really enjoy both of these games!

That’s it for today – more later!

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Thanks for the update, Charmy! Did the producer of Pawn Stars give you any indication about when, or if, your segment would be aired? I don't want to miss it.

Chris

PS. This thread is rated "R" for nudity.

5. VNeal

VNeal Member

Way cool I love the show. I know you signed an agreement. Can you say whether or not they pay you some type of fee if they use you for the show? And how did you know they would be filming?

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Ya havin' fun yet Charmy? :)

Me stayin' tuned......:)

7. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Dayyyyyummmmm! She's a knock out!

And they still have that 1894 Winchester, I would've thought that would have sold long before now.

8. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Congratulations, Charmy!

9. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

That's really cool. Do you know when/if they will air your segment?

10. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Wonderful and very interesting pics as always Charmy!

11. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Theres always neat stuff in their shop.
    I'm planning on being at the show at PS...if I manage to get today off work. Saturday is pre-approved which does no good if I don't get today off, and tomorrow is when I'm helping my friend at his coin booth. I'll be sure to look for you there.
    Guy

12. Owle

Owle Junior Member

Confidentiality contract may prohibit her from sharing information pre-airing of episode. Someone else could get info on that Pawn Stars Shop, like what is the most inflated price of coins @ their shop and the most reasonable. They can obviously get away with inflated prices. Anything they buy on an episode is going to be hot for sales purposes.

13. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

So no info at least on when it may air huh?

Very cool though. Watch the show all the time. Thanks for sharing as always.

14. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

As always, great thread. Thanks for sharing.

15. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

notice everything is over priced lol..

16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Just because they had her come in and filmed a segment doesn't mean that they will definitely use it. So it is probably too soon for her to know an air date if any.

17. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Those prices are shananigans

18. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

That's awesome Charmy! Be sure to post when the show goes live. :)

19. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Thanks again for a great post.

We are all subscribed to this thread so please post the air date here.

20. Hunt1

Hunt1 Active Member

Did i see $40.00 for a proof set....

21. The Penny Lady®

I can say that they told me they were very pleased with how things turned out in my segment and they kept telling me I was doing an excellent job. I said "I bet you tell that to all your sellers" and they empatically said "No!" And when I asked whether they thought my segment would actually air, they said they air about 98% of the segments they film. They said it would air anytime from 2 weeks to 2 years but generally they air within a couple months. Yes, I will definitely do a post when I find out the air date. I'm so excited to be on tv!

Sorry, I can't talk about my item, the negotiations, or anything done behind the scenes until my segment airs, not even in pms. I would love to be able to talk more about my experience but being an ex-litigation paralegal, I understand the seriousness of what it means to break a confidentiality agreement and don't want to go there.

By the way, I only took a photo of one side of the store - the other side had a sign that said "no photos" because that is where the conducted business.
    And to explain a little how this came about, I didn't just show up, I emailed them head of time about my item (non-numismatic) to see if they were interested in it as it had what I thought were some unique aspects. They called me and said they were very interested in having me and my item filmed for one of their episodes and we scheduled the filming for a time that I would be in Las Vegas.

I saw lots of things in their store I would like to have, like that juke box (we already have a restored 1956 Seeburg juke box and the one in the photo would go great right next to ours) but I restrained myself!

Draft saved Draft deleted