Change back from purchase today

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jlj, Jan 2, 2016.

1. jlj

jlj Member

It is always fun to get some change in decent condition. IMG_4959.JPG IMG_4960.JPG

Endeavor, JPeace$, dwhiz and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gibsport

gibsport Active Member

I know how you feel. Something like that 1964, I would end up putting it in a 2 x 2 knowing it will cost me more than the coin will ever be worth. I just can't bear just throwing one that nice back in circulation.

Endeavor likes this.
  4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

When times get tough people spend these. Nice catches.

Endeavor likes this.
  5. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Pop that '64 in the album.

Endeavor likes this.
  6. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Someone cleaned out their change jar

Endeavor likes this.
  7. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I rarely see memorial cents in change anymore, much less nice ones.

8. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I still get a nice amount of Memorial cents in change. Now and again I'll buy a roll from a cash register. That's netted some nice circulated-AU coins here and there.

Endeavor likes this.
  9. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I get LM cents in change all the time, probably more than the shield design. I get a wheat maybe 2-3 times a year, but I usually pay with my card instead of with cash. Most of them are zinc.

Endeavor likes this.
  10. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

You rarely see memorial cents? I see them all the time. With that said, I do see more and more shield cents. No surprise as the shield cents have now been in production over 5 years. We should continue to see a noticeable shift from memorial to shield cents as more shields get introduced into circulation and memorials get taken out (due to deterioration and hoarding).

Pretty cool to think that memorial cents are now on their way to becoming the equivalent of todays wheat cents.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted