Challenge Coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tonylynch, Feb 14, 2007.

1. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

This challenge coin honors A1C Elizabeth Nicole Jacobson who was killed in Iraq in September 2005. She was assigned to the Security Forces Squadron at the base where I completed my last tour of duty. The couple of times that I met her, she was very professional and courteous. On the day she was killed, I received a phone call from the Group Chaplain asking if I could assist with a notification (needless to say, my least favorite duty as a First Sergeant). A couple of the airmen in my squadron had been very close with
    A1C Jacobson and she had left instructions that they be notified in the event that something happened.

"We're only on this earth for a little while, so live life to the fullest and carry a smile" - Elizabeth N. Jacobson.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Salute. :bow: I too played a First Shirt while deployed...

Take Care
    Ben
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)

4. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Tony,that is a very nice piece.I think there's a website that deals with these; www.challengecoins.com .

Aidan.

5. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Very nice. I actually read a bit about her. Very nice coin. She will always be remembered in the hearts of the people that knew her.

Phoenix

6. ikes4ever

ikes4ever Senior Member

God Bless her and her family. what a nice medal in her honor

7. JAYMEDINC

JAYMEDINC Junior Member

That is a wonderful tribute to a true hero. I've held thousands of Challenge Coins, but none as important as that one.

8. Slu

Slu Senior Member

Thanks and best wishes to her friends and family. That medal is beautiful. Something like that is priceless.

Draft saved Draft deleted