Central States Show 2nd & 3rd day purchases & update

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, May 1, 2016.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Day 2, Friday, was rough for me. I wasted my money trying for a couple "show upgrades" on coins that I thought had a good chance of upgrading, but they failed. So I walked around grumpy most of the day feeling like an idiot for trying. (Like I don't already hand PCGS enough of my money). But things looked up a little as I found a couple toners (not pictured) that were relatively inexpensive. And yes, I didn't learn my lesson, so I turned them in for grading, but economy this time, so I threw less money at PCGS this time around. I sold one coin for a 25% profit, so that was my only real excitement. All in all, the crowd was smaller but relatively steady. Dealers were all giddy because gold and silver were rising fast.

On day 3, I didn't know what to expect. Luckily, as the big dealers were packing up and leaving at 11 a.m., I found some amazing toners from some of the smaller dealers who were there for the long haul. I got these on Saturday, for a premium, but within reason. Also got these first two - one at the show and one in the mail when I got home, that both look badly under graded to me. Additionally, when I got home I realized the 1844-O half dollar was a RPD, so I had a nice accidental cherrypick there. :)
    DSCN3409a-vert.jpg DSCN3499a-vert.jpg DSCN3422a-vert.jpg DSCN3427a-vert.jpg DSCN3449a-vert.jpg DSCN3468a-vert.jpg DSCN3480a-vert.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

That '07 Bustie is really nice.

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Really like them all!

5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Nice haul!!! I wish I had pockets deep enough to bring stuff like that home. Someday.....

6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Nice. I like that 1836 dime and the standing quarter

7. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Nice coins! Here's my version of your SLQ. Small word for you to end up with that coin! This was early on in photographing coins. Your picture looks better!
    image.jpeg

Santinidollar and C-B-D like this.
  8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

No way!!!

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I still want to know if Alan Hagar and MAC actually showed up at their table.

Draft saved Draft deleted