CENT ROLLS OF ALL 1960 GREAT SHAPE

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Feb 24, 2024.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

AAA 1960 CENT 1.jpg AAA 1960 CENT 1.jpg I open two rolls and found they were all 1960 cents. It looked to me like someone had cleaned them all.That made me smile cause I have always loved 50's and 60's coins. But once I started really looking at all of them, I did not see any scratches anywhere. Some where a little dark, so I very lightly cleaned some of them up, of course making sure not to put any scratches on them. Always nice to have a "Lucky Find"!! I am sure you guys all agree

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Was that a rinse in distilled water, or acetone. If you rub it with anything then they are improperly cleaned and whether or not you see them they are there. The high points of the luster has been destroyed.

coingeek12, NOS and tibor like this.
  4. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Looks like 1960LD. Fun find!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    SmokinJoe likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice finds.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  6. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

1960 P Large date
    The do shine. Might not be cleaned
    Don’t find em like that often but…sometimes
    That’s the fun

SmokinJoe and Cheech9712 like this.
  7. SmokinJoe

Actually I used clear vinegar and placed it in a clear cup that has a rim on the bottom so the coins can stand up at an angle and allow the vinegar to treat both sides of the coin at the same time. Did I rub any of them? Yes, but only the ones that still had some darkness on them, and the light rubbing did remove it. That might be a problem, but really not for me as I have always been a big fan of 50's and 60's coins....So they will always stay with me, period.

8. SmokinJoe

I was thinking the same thing Kevin!! You know, we all have AAHHH....Days and BLAHH....Days, so it is always a MAJOR smile maker when something really good comes along!

Kevin Mader likes this.
  9. SmokinJoe

You hit the " nail right on the head " Heavymetal !!! :happy:

10. SmokinJoe

Thanks Collecting Nut !! It sure doesn't happen all the time, but always a Jaw Dropper when it does!! ( Love when that happens! )

PamR and Collecting Nut like this.
  11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to build a wall, they are yours and you are aloud to do what you want. I didn't mean to make it my business. Diluted Vinegar?

12. Kevin Mader

This is a good method to use with dateless Buffalo Nickels but too harsh on copper cents. Best to try distilled water first to conserve a copper cent, acetone, and lastly MS70 (I only use this as a last measure as in my opinion, it affects the coin surface).

Verdi Care is safest after distilled water and acetone. The approach should always start with the least damaging solutions.

13. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

You mean starting with battery acid is too harsh?

14. Kevin Mader

In most cases. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted