Cashless society in Sweden

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rushmore, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

I used cash quite a bit in Sweden last summer for souveniors and meals, mostly so I could get change back and pick out dates for my collection.

swamp yankee likes this.
  4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

"I trust my bank here more than I do in the United States." I would never agree to give any bank total control over my well being.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  5. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

The government is thinking they could track transactions that are hidden now, increasing tax revenue. Most of my purchases are electronic now, so going cashless wouldn't be such a big deal. Although, it is a bit scary.

6. rrdavis

rrdavis New Member

The entire 'cashless' push by central banks is myopic and dangerous from both a political and practical viewpoint.

However deemed remote, under cashless conditions the omnipresent possibility of grid failure from any number of natural or manmade scenarios would render trade not just reduced to 19th century standards, but to those of iron age barter.

This movement is about social and economic domination, not practical convenience for 21st century efficiencies.

Coins are very much more than arcane relics.

7. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

So has Swedish coins seen an increase in demand or value because of this move?

Is the market behavior similar to collectibles of recently late/retired famous persons?

Or, is there little noticeable difference for the coinage of Sweden (in particular)?

Draft saved Draft deleted