Carving HOBO Nickels

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dak, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Twiggs

Twiggs Coin Collector

I like it Dak..good job!

Those Adams look excellent for carving

Gee...wonder what I could do to Her Majesty..lol

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Topher

Topher New Member

Get in trouble.....

It's a crime up here. Can't even use Canadian pennies in the pressed penny machines. (At least, not legally!)

4. Twiggs

Twiggs Coin Collector

well I wouldnt tell :)

5. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

incredible

Perfect timing, I just bought a roll of dateless buffalos to practice on yesterday on ebay. My day job is foreman of a machine shop, and I have all the equiptment to try my hand at this at lunchtime. I'll keep you posted !!
    Aj:hail:

6. Topher

Topher New Member

How about just making a Buffalo nickel with an incused date? That's what they should have done in the first place!

7. thebeav

thebeav Lifer

Dak,
    That looks like my girlfriend !!
    Good luck with your carving.

Paul

8. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Not bad, Dak! You're already better than Barber by a long shot! I tried carving coins once, and then realized I wasn't too good at it and was just wasting money. It amazes me how some can carve such detail into something so small. Keep up the good work.
    Guy~

9. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I agree - good stuff!!!

Now... they're not nickels and not made by hoboes... so what do we call 'em? Let's hear your suggestions!

this response should prove to be very interesting

10. billzach

billzach Senior Member

Most of the time i call them recarved coins, I gave my penny carvings the name "penny-bo'' 7 or 8 years ago...Some collectors call new carvings -new-bo carvings..

11. dak

dak The Nickel Nut

hmmmm .... looking to have some fun on this one!

As far as the Dead Prez's go... (all in fun, no disrespect meant)

Prezbos

Presidential Hobos

Trampy Presidents

12. adelv_unegv

adelv_unegv New Member

I vote for Prezbos.

The uninitiated would have no idea what that meant. With trampy presidents they may assume partisanship. Presidential hobos would also leave them with no idea but they're less likely to inquire.

Picture this:
    [friend] Whatcha been up to dak?
    [dak] Been carving prezbos.
    [ackward silence while contemplating the noises that came outta dak's mouth - determining that "Yep, he said 'carving prezboz,' alright."]
    [friend] Huh??!?

A great way to introduce someone to a new concept -- new to them anyway.

I vote prezbos.

13. dak

dak The Nickel Nut

Yep, it would definatly be a conversation starter to say the least... lol... I kinda like it too... ( my wife wouldn't like it though she would think it rymes tomuch with a common slang term for homosexual women lol) but it does have a nice ring to it!! :)

14. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

hobo

Way cool, I found the hobo nickel site to be fantastic. Now I just have to wait for my dateless roll of buffalos to get here before I can give it a try

Draft saved Draft deleted