Carolus III 1983 help.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Beth M Flood, May 3, 2018.

1. Beth M Flood

Beth M Flood New Member

I was hoping someone could give me some information on it as I know nothing about coins. I found a tin full of tokens and in it were 13 of these coins. All the same. Are they even real? The coin has a picture and he is facing right. Around the outside of the bust it says "CAROLUS.III.DEI.GRATIA.1783". On the reverse side is some kind of seal or coat of arms and around it, it says "HISPAN.ET IND.R.M.F.F . The coin measures .75" in diameter and is very light weight. [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beth M Flood

Beth M Flood New Member

4. Beth M Flood

Beth M Flood New Member

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Many members are hesitant to open unknown links. If the photo is saved to your device, simply use the "upload a file" button located just to the right of "post reply" below.

6. Beth M Flood

Beth M Flood New Member

thank you

Attached Files:

7. BooksB4Coins

This isn't my area, but let's just say I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's certainly not what I originally assumed it to be, but is better to wait until someone more familiar stops in.

8. jgenn

jgenn World Crown Collector

Look! The word COPY is right above the head. These are fake 1 real coins.

9. Beth M Flood

Beth M Flood New Member

I assumed they were replicas, as for sure they are not made of silver. No idea how I missed the word copy. thanks.

Kentucky likes this.
  10. BooksB4Coins

Haha... awesome. I completely missed that too. :)

11. NAVY CHIEF

NAVY CHIEF Active Member

What does CARLOUS III "HISPAN.ET IND.R.M.F.F." stand for? May coin is not a fake!

Attached Files:

12. jgenn

jgenn World Crown Collector

Hispan et Ind is for Spain and Indies (ie territories in the New World), R is for Real (denomination), M with the "o" above is the mint mark of Mexico City, F.F. are the initials of the two official assayers at Mexico City.

Draft saved Draft deleted