Capital Plastics

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by pumpkinpie, May 13, 2012.

1. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

I have been buying and using Capital Plastics holders since the mid 1960's. Yea, LOL that's a long time. They offer superior protection for the coins themselves. Many will be along shortly to complain about how time intensive it is to open up and close the holders, and how expensive they are. I have not had to open and close my holders hardly at all, and the 1-2 minutes it really does take doesn't seem to be that bad to me. On the cost side, yes they cost more than a number of other options, but the protection they offer, and the ability to display a set are more than worth it to me.

I am in the middle of making my own custom holder for half cents from a used 8" x 10" holder I bought for $10.00. I just buy a piece of Plexiglass, design a lay out, drill, and trim the holes. Still working on a way to print or silk screen labels.

[​IMG]

4. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

I've got a couple of old (1942 6 piece, 1950-1954) proof sets in Cap holders. However, I bought them that way and have never purchased a Cap holder, so I can't comment on that.
    Cap holders do provide excellent protection for the coins and seem to be neutral as far as toning is concerned.

5. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

7. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I've used them in the past. They're beautiful for
    displaying coins and it's good protection. But
    they can be difficult to work with if the coins
    don't fit right. Most of the time they did fit okay
    but sometimes I had to make the openings
    bigger or shim a coin with a piece of
    mylar if it was too loose. But I always liked the
    look of the black 2x2's and gold letters so if
    I had to mess with something it was worth
    the effort to me.

8. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I like them very much, but I am selling off all my raw coins so they are all going to be empty soon with the exception of this one.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted