Featured Capital Plastics Commem holders re-purposed

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ed Sims, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

Back in 2012 I purchased four new, unused Capital Plastics U. S. Commemorative Half Dollars holders #431C at a coin show cheap with the idea of reselling them.
    431-C-half-dollars.jpg

Did not happen. Last week I finally thought of a way to put them to good use, re-purpose them so I can sell them. I erased the title, P D S and holder # on three of them. Then I went through my coins for sale/trade and found some half dollars to make up my own short sets.

The first one has 1943 Walking Liberty, 1953 Franklin and 1964 Kennedy inserted in it.
    Type-halves-WL-F-K.jpg

The second one I inserted one of each of the three metal content types of Kennedy halves, 90% 1964-D, 40% 1966, and a clad 1979-D. Kennedy-set-1.jpg
    The third one I inserted a 1964 reverse side up, a 1970-D for the obverse, and 1976-S with the Bicentennial reverse side up. Kennedy-set-2.jpg

I think they all came out pretty nice and now I am going to keep them. I have one holder left and am eventually going to put in three California related commems, the Bay Bridge, San Diego, and California Diamond Jubilee.

McBlzr, green18, USS656 and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The Old Sarge

The Old Sarge Junior Member

4. Mailman1

Mailman1 Junior Member

They look fantastic! How did you get the writing off of the plastic without damaging it?

5. Ed Sims

Ed Sims Well-Known Member

Brite - Life Alcohol Completely Denatured Formula 19-190 Proof

6. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

Is that some sort of product? where can I buy it? Also have you figured out a good way to write what you want on them?

Mailman1 likes this.
  7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

great idea!!

8. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Draft saved Draft deleted