Canadian Quarter - Misprint

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by SMigs, Jun 10, 2008.

1. SMigs

SMigs New Member

I have a quarter which did not have it's image stamped on the back and am trying to find out it's value. Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zabb

zabb New Member

I have no idea what canadian quarter has that 2007/25 cent alignment, maybe it is the design? :S Anyone know what quarter has that alignment ( I mean on the tails side at the bottom )

4. snaz

snaz Registry fever

I knew there was something wrong with it, It looked funny, I just couldnt put my finger on it

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

looks like a photocopy.

How about a clearer picture, or even a lighter scan.

6. Mikealexander

Mikealexander Junior Member

I have the same quarter. Here is a good picture. .

Attached Files:

7. Ironworker1

Ironworker1 New Member

Did you find a value?

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Canada made a lot of "pattern" and "trial strike" items that they sold to collectors. This could be one of those. I don't have recent copy of Charleton to try and check out the the gobs of "special" stuff they have made.

Jim M likes this.
  9. Rob1967

Rob1967 New Member

Canada has been putting a lot of colorized coins out into the collector market. The colorized portion can be removed with an acetone bath which leaves the coin looking unstuck in the middle of the reverse. They struck thousands like this and then painted different images on them for different sets. I have a 2007 25 cent with the Vancouver Canucks logo on it and if I gave it a bath, it would look just like yours. There is no way to tell if it was never colorized and left the mint that way (a legitimate error) or if it was removed later with chemicals. Therefore there is no extra value on it. See some attached examples of colorized coins.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted