Canadian Paper Currency

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by FredJB, Nov 4, 2021.

1. FredJB

FredJB Active Member

Just read some where that Canada has demonetized their paper currency up to the 1000 dollar notes. Is this true? All their notes or just the older series?

Cheech9712 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Sounds like an internet rumor.

Canada is not crazy, like us.

Paddy54 likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Why stop there? If a country demonetizes money they do it all across the board. At least I don’t know of any other way.

5. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

capthank, harrync and midas1 like this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

This makes sense especially on high value notes. Counterfeiting is getting better and better all the time. This is why we no longer have anything above $100.00 notes. And also why we have to keep updating our own. But this will mean less of certain notes available and there is money to be made as Canada removes these notes. If anyone has these larger denomination notes in better condition they will most likely increase in value as more are taken out of circulation.

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The demonetizing of older Canadian notes really means that they are no longer acceptable for commerce - but they can be redeemed.

harrync and serdogthehound like this.
  8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

9. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

I have a high school member that lives in Canada. He said if I get a lot of Canada's money to save them and when he comes to our area he will exchange it for the US.

10. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

well, gosh. If you're wanting to "de-collect" your Canadian paper money, just send me an email or PM. I'll gladly pay postage for them from your place to mine.
    Hmmmm, since they have been demonetized I doubt there would be any issue with your customs other than to declare them "hobby" items. Looking anxiously forward to your affirmative replies. :)

11. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I have all sorts of demonetized Canadian dosh, an' ya canna hae it aythers. canadiandosh.jpg

12. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The Canadian $10 note with Nova Scotia civil rights leader Viola Desmond featured on it won the IPMS Bank Note of the Year in 2018.

54C7F838-4812-4A77-95E9-5F8396671EAC.jpeg 9C68D0F2-89F1-422E-A969-2F8FCE9C90EF.jpeg

scottishmoney and skm like this.
  13. skm

skm Member

Beautiful note!! I have one!

14. Molon Labe

Molon Labe Active Member

Maybe I should hold on to my UNC consecutive..lol

20211119_100323_(1).jpg 20211119_100343.jpg

capthank likes this.
  15. techwriter

rdr_canada_2Jan1937_KN-3273723_face.jpg

how 'bout a nice little "radar" note

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  16. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

17. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Thats really a sweet note... its funny as I do collect Canadian paper somewhat and that one would be a rock star of the collection.

18. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I also have a Cuban note collection...I probably have more money in Canadian and Cuban than US notes. lol

19. techwriter

20. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

canadadominion101925.jpg

How many notes have beavers on them?

Fritz Scott, techwriter and Paddy54 like this.
  21. techwriter

Draft saved Draft deleted