Canadian large cent question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Darkfenix, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Darkfenix

Darkfenix New Member

Was just looking at my 2006 charlton and was trying to determine if wanted 2 collect all the varieties or just do it by date when I found that the large cents are split in my book

one section has from 1858-1859

and the next from 1876-1920

and in the second section theres a jump from 1876 to 1881

can anyone tell me if there are no such coins for these dates or is my book missing them??:eek:

EDIT- Also if anyone knows the proper count for the large cents going based on date only how many are there (not including varieties)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. snaz

snaz Registry fever

hi, there are 40 different dates for the large cent, and there wernt any minted during that time frame.
    I would strongly suggest collecting the variety's too, there arnt that many of 'em

4. Darkfenix

Darkfenix New Member

i'd love to but my budget doesn't allow for me to buy coins at 50 bucks a pop usually so filling in some of the varieties will really stretch my pocket book for a decent one :mad:

5. Defiant7

Defiant7 Enjoy the Insanity

The first section you mentioned was for cents issued by the Province of Canada, present day Ontario and Quebec. The second section was for coins issued for Canada as a nation. The Province of Canada coins were latter absorbed as the nations coins, and yes the years missing in Charlton means that no coin was issued for those years or at least none are known to exist.

Draft saved Draft deleted