Canadian error coin for 1.35 million?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Biancasdad, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Biancasdad

Biancasdad New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

I sent in my offer. $10 plus free shipping. DENIED!

In the past I complained about the lack of information sellers put on their listings. I now retract that statement and wish things to be as they have been. Too much information drives up the price. Sheesh! :rollling:

4. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

A nice error coin, though. He probably won't like my offer...

5. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

It's redwin's Canadian brother.

6. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

7. silentnviolent

He commented that my $15 offer was "ridiculous" did you get that kinda crap? I think I'll make a new offer and leave the comment that the BIN is ridiculous. The decimal is 5 places too far to the right, for starters...

8. silentnviolent

"the placement 5 digits too far to the right of the decimal in your BIN is ridiculous. Good luck getting that $1.35M"
    wonder what that wise donkey thinks of that?

9. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I only drop a cool million on slabbed coins.

10. robbudo

robbudo Indian Error Collector

he could get $100, tops, if it was slabbed.

11. silentnviolent

12. silentnviolent

It's funny because I looked closer and the seller wrote "ridiculous" in the place labeled "seller terms" and I am laughing....

Offer declined. Sorry, your offer has been declined
    Dear silentandviolent,
    Your offer has been declined on the following eBay item:
    error, flipover 180 strike, missing leaf,double strike " Cheyenne "
    Your offer price:

US $15.00

Seller terms:

ridiculous

BIN price:

US $1,350,000.00

Check and see if you can make another Best Offer | View item | Go to My eBay

13. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

This guy has been trying to sell this garage-made coin for over 3 years. Each time it's on Ebay, the coin has a different "name". It has been "777", "pennache", and something about a feather. The guy is loonier than a fruitcake. I liked the post about the Eastwing brother. A friend of ours made a close-to copy of this coin with an Eastwing hammer, a good striking surface and a couple other pennies. The coin is worth it's denomination.

14. jlblonde

jlblonde Señor Member

He states:

"One of the most Spectacular & Impossible error coin ever Minted!
    " Cheyenne "
    and Also one of the most controversial coin which has had both scientific and logical criticism , meaning that Relevant facts are said not to have been definitely established as true, or the likelihood that they are true , has not been established. The presentation of facts has been biased , important and relevant facts of the total factual context has been ignored for example This coin has been publicised in the Canadian coin newspaper, only that the topic was about a controversy about the pricing of the coin instead of facts pertaining to the actual details about the actual facts itself and relevance to this mint error prospects all together but that would be due to the poor quality pictures(see below) that I had at the time."

I'm still trying to figure out what all this means?

15. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

It was one of a couple Ebay auction coins that were writen up in the "Error" section of Canadian Coin News, all complete hand-made fakes and his was joked about repeatedly on his asking price for his "pennache", or "777 feather", or "Cheyennne" that he has named it now. He just likes to be noticed, then he retaliates by sending flamers back (if you can understand the run-on sentences), and then disappears after Ebay removes the auction for a few months. He shows up on a few coin sites, as well, from time to time, but then is removed until he pops up somewhere else.

Draft saved Draft deleted