Canadian Cougar 2011

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by snaz, Nov 19, 2011.

1. snaz

snaz Registry fever

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hamhawk

Hamhawk Member

I saw these the othe day at my local coin store, I don't have any gold in my collection, I was saving up to get a soveriegn but these look really nice in hand. I'm thinking more and more everyday this would be a nice entry point into the gold market for me. Also the picture from the mint doesn't do them justice if you ask me. I think the mint pictures make the rim look a little wonky.

4. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

They look nice but the premium over spot is too high i generally i stay away from buying .016 oz gold coins...

5. avr5700

avr5700 Member

What's the % premium on it?

It sure does look nice, but if I need a loop to appreciate the detail, it's just too small.

Also, is it particularly thin?

6. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

The coin is selling @ $4895/oz

7. Hamhawk

Hamhawk Member

Yeah but I'm not an investor or speculator. I'm a collector and this would add a nice touch to my collection.

8. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

The cougar design on this looks so much cooler than the silver 2012 cougar.

9. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Yeah I agree. I expect coins to be higher than spot. I'll probably still pick up this one.

10. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Yea if you interested in it getting go ahead but whether or not you are collector you should always have to keep in mind the premium especially when trying to determine a value of a new issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted