Canadian cent - collar clash?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by expat, Nov 26, 2020.

  1. expat

    expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else

    Is collar clash the correct term for the reverse of this 1981 Canadian cent? It starts at the T in cent to the last A in Canada
    DSC01252.jpg DSC01253.jpg Screenshot 2020-11-27 002714.jpg Screenshot 2020-11-27 002828.jpg
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest

    to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

    potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

    It sounds right and it looks right to me nice find wait for paddy though.
  4. paddyman98

    paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

  5. Pickin and Grinin

    Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

    No, doubt a collar clash,
    if the collar looked like that,
    I am thinking mis aligned clash.
  6. Conder101

    Conder101 Numismatist

    Would have to be a counter collar clash. First a collar clash far enough off to impress the dentils into the edge of the collar, and then a second clash less far of that allowed the clashmarks on the edge of the collar to impress into the "gutter edge" around the circumference of the die. Because it is that "gutter" that creates the top surface of the rim.
    paddyman98 and expat like this.
  7. expat

    expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else

    Thank you, I can write this one up and file it
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page