Canadian 1936 Dot 10 Cent (?), but also damage - worth?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Mr. Flute, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

So, I've had this coin for about 20 years and I have always been under the suspicion that it is a Canadian 1936 Dot 10 Cent . But it is fairly worn and, unfortunately, has a hole drilled into either side. Now I obviously need in-person professional opinion on whether is a "dot" or not, but my question is: Assuming it is a "dot" (which is extremely rare - 5 known to exist), would the damage effectively make the coin worthless or due to it's extreme rarity only significantly reduce the value, but it could still be worth a "significant" amount. For reference, one sold in 2010 in SP68 for $184,000.

What do you think? (and sorry, this is the best I could do with the cameras available to me)

CAN 10 cent_cropped_ob.jpg CAN 10 cent_cropped_1.jpg CAN 10 cent_cropped_2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

It certainly would not be worthless. It would significantly lower the value, however when something is that rare, it is always worth something. It al ldepends how much the interested parties are willing to fight over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted