CANADA: RCMP Mounties Centennial 1973 Silver Dollar; What KM#?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wlwhittier, May 2, 2019.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Peripheral Member

Something about Krause I'm missing; I've spent some time trying to find this on the NGC site...No Joy. It's the same for the Paper Money site, but that's another story.

I throw myself on your (collective) tender mercy. Please help me find the way. wlw

fullsizeoutput_53b0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_53af.jpeg

Legomaster1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

what is your question about the RCMP DOLLAR 1S 50% SILVER, SPECIAL ISSUE IN 1973 . please explain what Krause has to do with the coin?There were 2 different cases these came with one case came with the coat of arms and the other has the RCMP crest. there were a total of 904,723 of these sold.Both coins would also had a coa in the clamshell type case. Hope this helps .

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    wlwhittier likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@wlwhittier

What is it about the Krause catalog that you find confusing?

KM#83 Dollar Weight:23.3276 g. Composition: 0.5000 Silver 0.3750 oz. ASW Subject: Mountie Size: 36mm

Date - 1973 Mintage - 1,031,271

wlwhittier likes this.
  5. wlwhittier

I am often unable to get a showing after I've entered all the information accurately, even sometimes when I have entered the initials (KM) and the number. I feel like I'm missing something crucial, but effort over the years has left me feeling like it's a crap-shoot whether I get useful results or not. Thanks for your help with this one! wlw

6. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Another issue I found with the coins from the clamshells is that one side tarnished badly, and the other side of the coin still had lots of luster . I think it has something to do with the air exposure to the side showing when you open the case and the obverse usually is facing down was like new is most cases. They are a very nice coin . The info about the amount sold came from the 2016 Charlton catalogue.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm getting the impression that you are searching for the listing online. I'm actually using the book. Maybe that is why I was left confused.

Chris

8. wlwhittier

Right you are! wlw

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

10. wlwhittier

That was a blast from the past...there's gotta be a connection I'm missing, though...wait! It's the Mountie, right? wlw

green18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted