canada large cent set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Dec 30, 2014.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

hey im trying to build a Canadian large cent set( certified), i know its fairly common and easy to assemble, but im having a hard time gathering the H mint ones any suggestions???

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Graded may be a bit tough especially if you are looking for a matched set. They are out there though, I tried the same thing a few years ago but ended up just going raw after a while.

4. kaosleeroy108

Out of my raw set I am missing 2 - 4 coins not sure need to look again

5. kaosleeroy108

just got a 1900h ngc ms 65bnand 1907h both pcgs 63 for about $900

6. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Except for the 1898, all the rest of the Heaton coins should be fairly easy to find. Before the last 5 years or so, because of the popularity of Registry sets, the '76, 82, and '00 H's were so plentiful and inexpensive, it didn't make much sense to even have 63's and below certified. The cost of the cert was a good portion of the price of the coin but those 3 should be easy to find. The '81's are a little harder to come by and the '98 is fairly scarce in any grade above 60. Contact a favorite dealer or one from this site and have them look for you North of the border and you'll get one.

7. kaosleeroy108

hi Bill thank you very much can you recommend me a coin dealer that would be more than happy to oblige me

8. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

I'll PM you. BiB

Draft saved Draft deleted