Canada Large Cent Album?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by BaconSlayer, Oct 8, 2015.

1. BaconSlayer

BaconSlayer Active Member

I am wanting to put my best Canadian Large Cents into an album, but not finding any commercially available (looking for Dansco/Littleton/Whitman type albums).

But....Whitman does sell individual mm sized pages to make my own. So I found they make a 25 mm and a 26 mm size. The coin is listed as 25.5 mm. So do I go with the tight fit or the loose fit page.

Anyone used these mm sized pages for Canadian Large Cents? Maybe buy 1 of each and try it out?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

There are certainly Dansco albums available, but most things put out more than a year or two ago don't have half the very commonly collected varieties for which there are holes in the newer ones. Get pages that fit US Sacajwea dollars .. they fit perfectly. I store all my large cents in 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 holders in 3-ring binders so that you have 30 to a page rather than 20 and the Sac dollar size is perfect.

4. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

5. BaconSlayer

yeah, got the 2x2's going already. In my other collections, usually put my best stuff in an album and the others and varieties in 2x2's in 3 ring binders.

6. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Well, I no longer collect coins but the Canadian Large Cents were always a real passion for me; especially the provincial ones. I still lurk about and if I can contribute I'll post a thing or two.

7. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

PM sent, sir. :)

jester3681 likes this.
  8. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

does dansco make an album for the 50 cent pics ? 1937- ?

10. BaconSlayer

Thanks, everyone....Ok, stldanceartist solved my problem. Got an experienced whitman album on the way. Thanks, again! BTW stldanceartist is great to deal with, highly reccommended! Gorgeous coin photos on his site too!

11. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Ha ha...thank you sir. Just happened to be browsing the forum at the right place and time, I think.

12. jlesliec

jlesliec Active Member

I have a set of CLC's in the Whitman album, and it has a few 1859 varieties and all 3 1891 varieties. I keep other varieties in 2x2s and a Capital Plastics custom holder with 25mm holes. I also have a 26mm Whitman page, which is too big for the CLC. They tend to rattle around inside.

13. BaconSlayer

ok, so 25mm, thanks jlesliec!

Draft saved Draft deleted