Canada cashe

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by softmentor, Jan 11, 2015.

1. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

I just got a nice batch of world coins, fun going through them. About 90% were Canadian. I really did not read dates but its a pretty good bet they are all moderns. I am thinking of just selling them out as unsearched (I have no clue about Can's) unless I can find some quick and easy source of info about them. So 2 questions

1. any free and easy online source of info on Canadians?

2. I have roughly 5 1/2 rolls of 25c, 3 rolls 10c, 2 rolls of 5c, and 1 1/2 rolls of cents. What would be a fair asking price for the whole lot? (Today's Can / USA exchange was $1.00 US = $ 1.19 Can

PS (AKA ? #) 3. OK third question, is there any premium on 1c sense they quit making them?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

4. softmentor

Thanks Doug, you're a good mate! that's a nice start for pricing.
    any idea what they may be worth as rolls, as is?

5. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

If you use ebay, you can get close to exchange rate minus the shipping. Maybe sell them here. Check for silver.

6. eddio

eddio Well-Known Member

I would check them for any errors since you now have coinsandcanada.com to compare.. if nickels quarters, and dimes are circulated they are not worth more then value, the cents you might be able to get a few dollars for them ,,cheers

7. Sullykerry2

Sullykerry2 Humble Collector Willing to Learn

You might also want to check JandM Coins in Vancouver. They often have updated prices. While the CoinsandCanada.com is a better reference than Trends, I recommend JandM or Canadian Numismatics out of Ottawa for more current pricing. If you use E-Bay make sure to go to the Advanced Search section "Completed Listings" for prices. Price discovery requires a lot of research.

8. softmentor

great! thank you for the good tips.

Draft saved Draft deleted